When A Friend Passes Away

When A Friend Passes Away

Billy, this one's for you.

13
When A Friend Passes Away
Personal

Hey.

How are you? Haven't seen you in a while. Hope you’re doing well.

Do you remember that one time in 7th grade when we spent the entire class laughing at our own jokes?

Do you remember doing that basically every day? You made three hours go by so fast. Pretty sure our teacher hated us for being so disruptive. Most of my favorite middle school memories were made in class with you, even if you used to always spell my name wrong (I guess I forgive you :)).

Do you remember when we messaged each other a couple months ago?

I know we haven’t really kept in touch throughout the past five years but I'm glad we were able to talk about our shared passions. Until then, I never knew how invested you were in photography, fitness, and improving yourself both physically and mentally. We even have similar fitness role models and watch the same YouTubers! (So jealous you met one of them…). Your drive towards your goals was extremely motivating. You know, I was actually hoping we'd get to hang out over the summer but I guess that never happened.

Do you know what I don’t remember?

Not seeing a post, another YouTube video, or a social media notification from you. Such an eerie sensation of realizing that I’ll never see one from you again. It'll take some getting used to. Or maybe one never gets “used to” a loss. It’s been a week since I found out and I'm still in shock. I'll be sitting in class and all of sudden, I'll think of you and then I can't stop. All these emotions will hit me like a giant wave and I wonder if that’s how you felt when it happened. I really hope you're doing well. If you can in someway, somehow, please update me on how you are.

I miss you, I really do. But this isn't goodbye, it's just goodnight for now. We'll hang out later, I promise :)

Rest in peace, old friend. I hope you're enjoying the view from up there.