What It's Like Not Knowing Your Own Clothing Style

Do I wear all black today or this flowery crop top?

8

We've all been there at some point in our lives, but some of us are stuck in the indecisive style stage. This may have to do with the fact that I'm only 19 and still in the process of growing into my true self, but wow do I not know how I want to dress almost every day. I don't know if I'm just super versatile or having an identity crisis.

To put you in my shoes, every morning I have a mini panic attack. It only lasts about 2 seconds because I have an array of clothes to choose from, but a whole bunch of thoughts race through my head. One day I really want to look edgy, but other days I want to look like pink is my favorite color. Also, I never want to look too tomboyish or too girly. If I'm wearing a bunch of dark clothes I HAVE to wear a light colored pair of shoes. If I'm wearing a bunch of light colored clothes I need to wear a pair of shoes that's darker.

I'm also super scared of looking too dressy. If I have a dressy outfit on, then my shoes are gonna be sneakers because I can't walk around looking like I'm about to go on a hot date with my boyfriend. If I have a bummy outfit on, then I need to wear cute jewelry to dress it up a little so I look like I kind of care. All of my outfits need some kind of balance.

What I'm trying to get at here is that I really have to sense of style. I don't have one because I don't know what I want to look like every day. There are even outfits that I want to wear, but am too scared to. I don't believe there is anything wrong with not knowing what kind of style of clothing you want to wear, but it can definitely be a hassle when trying to get ready.