What Your Favorite Country Singer Says About You

Your taste in music says a lot about you.

802
Sounds Like Nashville

Whether we like to admit it or not, we tend to listen to music depending on what mood we are in: sad songs after a bad break-up or perhaps an upbeat song on a night out with the girls. We listen to things to reflect how we feel on the inside to either pick us up or to keep us down if that is what we want. The music that we listen to on a daily basis regardless of mood can tell us even more about ourselves as everyone has their own particular preferences in terms of the sounds that they like to orchestrate their lives around. If music preference can tell us so much about ourselves, it must hold true that our favorite artists are also a reflection of ourselves. So if you are as big of a fan of country music as me, keep reading to see what your favorite artist says about you.

1. Keith Urban – Passionate

Urban is hands down the greatest guitar player in country music today and the history of country music itself — though I may perhaps be a bit biased being that he is my favorite musician of all time. His dedication to his craft is awe-inspiring and he incorporates a wide variety of different guitars and musicality into each and every one of his songs. It is clear that music runs through his veins, and if you have ever seen him in concert as I have, you can agree that his passion for music exudes out of his spectacular performances as every live song is even better than the radio version. He is truly remarkable.

2. Brett Eldredge – Fun-loving

Eldredge is always playful with his performances, music videos and lyrics. While there is the occasional love ballad, the majority of his songs have a delightful levity to them that always seems to bring a smile to your face. His charm seeps through his lyrics and his energy seemingly invites listeners on an exciting venture. Not only is Eldredge such a pleasure to watch perform live, but also his Snapchat stories are to die for. Isn't Edgar the cutest?

3. Thomas Rhett – A Romantic

I'm pretty sure that every single girl in the world wants to be Lauren Gregory. Who wouldn't want to have entire songs written about them by a beloved husband? Rhett certainly is not afraid to show off his affection in the sweetest, more matter of fact way. There is something truly remarkable about a man who is not afraid to share his innermost feelings with the world.

4. Carrie Underwood – Dangerous

If you have ever listened to an entire album of Underwood's, you are probably either thinking that you never want to get on her bad side or that you would love to have her as a best friend after ending a relationship. Underwood is a perfect example of a strong and confident women who is not to be messed with under any circumstances. If you ever in need of some girl power, she is definitely the one to turn to.

5. Chris Stapleton – Outlaw

Perhaps you are to stand off to the side and out of the limelight. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that because you can still accomplish great things. Stapleton's music is rarely played on mainstream country music radio, which is tragic. It was not until the CMA's when he collected awards like berries from a bush that his music started to be played on more and more stations. Still to this day, his songs are not often heard, but he still continues to do his own thing on his own terms and still finds success with each verse.

6. Maren Morris – Free Spirit

Maren Morris has swiftly taken over the country music scene and dominated both the charts and the award shows, all while going against the grain of traditional country music. In case you haven't noticed, Morris curses quite a bit more than her fellow country singers, but it hasn't stopped her yet. She sings what she is really feeling and does not care what others might think about her less than wholesome language. She is a representative of those who go against the grain and find success on the other side.

7. Blake Shelton – Looking for a good time

Shelton always seemingly has a cup in his hand or he is singing about the taste of sangria on some girl's lips. The man loves to live life as if it were a party. Mixed in with a few love songs and ballads, many of Shelton's songs are lively and at times, self-deprecating as he makes fun of down-home country living with songs such as "Boys 'Round Here" in which the phrase "redneck" is on repeat. Shelton is obviously only trying to have fun and he enjoys living life to its fullest.

8. Miranda Lambert – Tough

Lambert is similar to Underwood in terms of a friend that l would like by my side if a guy so much as cheated on me once. She certainly is not a quitter and she does not let the break-up of her and Shelton get in the way of her continuing to produce a mass amount of amazing music. There is something invigorating about how raw and truthful she can be in her music, all while never giving up and demonstrating a resilient attitude toward the world.

9. Brad Paisley – Hilarious

Would the CMAs really be the CMAs without Paisley strumming away on his guitar making jokes for the first 10 minutes alongside Underwood? Certainly not. Paisley has some of the most humorous songs on the market. From choosing fishing over a woman in "I'm Gonna Miss Her" to making fun of Hollywood in "Celebrity," Paisley knows how to bring humor to your day through great music on the radio and zany lyrics that get you googling the music video as soon you get home. He can truly brighten your day.

10. Eric Church – Mysterious

Not many people can pull off wearing sunglasses at night or at any time of the day, but for some reason, we just accept it when Church does it. His songs contain a great deal of symbolism and meanings that are usually determined by the listener after a few times of hearing the lyrics. There is nothing average and simple about Church's music, and the detail and story behind his music always keeps the listener questioning and asking for more.

11. Sam Hunt – Chill

You can't get more relaxed and chill than someone who goes between singing and talking in his songs in such a casual, matter-of-fact fashion, and we all know that Hunt is the champion of that technique. No one seems to mind that he does so because to him, there is nothing wrong with how he performs his songs, and he does it with an adorable calm smile on his face.

12. Kelsea Ballerini – Realistic

It seems as though no one understands men more than Ballerini, and she is always telling it like it is. Her song "Peter Pan" clearly demonstrates her awareness to the all too realistic nature of many men who seem too good to be true, and — spoiler alert — definitely are going to leave you the minute that you want to commit. She is not always singing about happy outcomes, which is refreshing to listen to.

13. Luke Bryan – Energetic

Nobody can dance Bryan off stage when he is performing. He puts so much energy into his performances, and that of course is of great appreciation by all of the googly eyed patrons watching in the audience. At times it may be difficult to determine which is tighter: his pants or his lyrics. I would have to say pants, simply because country music doesn't always rhyme the best, but nonetheless, I am not complaining. Bryan's songs always make me want to dance and party alongside him at any time of the day since his energetic personality certainly shines through his music.