Why We Should Be like Elle Woods

Why We Should Be like Elle Woods

Elle is an inspiration to all college girls.

382
Why We Should Be like Elle Woods
Daily Mail

One of my all-time favorite movies is Legally Blonde. Elle Woods is one of the most iconic characters in film, and for good reason. The film is a funny and heartwarming tale of a girl finding herself through heartbreak and hard work, yet there is so much more to be said about the movie. Elle is an inspiration to all college girls due to her vulnerability, perseverance, and ambition (oh and her rockin' sense of ~fashion~). Here are some reasons why Elle Woods is the ultimate role model:

1. Her inner beauty

Elle might be a classic blonde California girl with a nice tan and a heavy wallet, but she also exudes an inner beauty that is only found in some people. Elle uses her kindness to improve the lives of those around her, like Paulette. She sees that Paulette has a crush on the delivery guy, and teaches her the "Bend and Snap" to win him over. She even gives Vivian a chance even though she's a little salty that she is dating Warner.

2. She always dresses to the nines

While Elle's fashion may not be fitting for this day and age, you cannot deny that she always looks amazing. Whether she is rocking her signature all-pink ensemble or prepping it up at Harvard Law, she always looks extremely put together and well-dressed. Elle's tendency to always look her best coincides with her "look good, feel good" attitude.

3. She is a positive example of a sorority girl

In the media, there are many negative examples of Greek Life stereotypes. For example, the dumb, rich blondes, or the rude, entitled frat boys. Legally Blonde is not one of those examples. Elle is a "Delta Nu" and proves that her experience in her sorority was nothing but beneficial. She manages a 4.0 GPA throughout college and then manages to move on to Harvard Law. Her sisters are always there for her, and her sorority is related to a pivotal plot point; she ends up relating to Brooke Windham because they are both Delta Nu's! Elle proves that women with determination, confidence, and good-hearts are the ultimate example of Greek women.

4. Elle is a dog person

No offense to any cat-lovers out there, but I feel like all dog people just get each other. Elle's trusty sidekick, Bruiser, a chihuahua is always by her side. Whether it's through her harsh break-up with Warner, or her all-night studying in law school, Bruiser is always there for support. Dogs are truly the best companions-through the hard times and the good times.

5. Elle lets nothing stand in her way of success

One of Elle's main motivations for attending law school was to win back her long-time love, Warner Huntington III. Once she got to Harvard, she realized that there was so much more to life than impressing her ex-boyfriend. Despite constant criticism and doubt from the Harvard students, she lets nothing stand in her way and chooses to work hard and remain true to herself through the entire process. Elle's constant positivity, ability to see the good in others, and ambition make her the best role model for any young woman.