What To Consider Before You Cut Bangs

Bangs are making a comeback in 2020, as I'm sure you've seen on countless social media platforms. Despite the ease at which many individuals sporadically cut their own bangs, there are many things you should contemplate so that you don't regret it afterwards. Bangs are a fun and new look that anyone can rock, so don't dismiss the idea quite yet, just make sure to ponder if you are ready for the task they really are and maintenance they entail.

If you are considering bangs, I'm sure you have researched and saved countless inspiration pictures to help guide or motivate your decision and style. Although this is a great method to pick and choose certain styles, it is vital to compare the differences in your face shape from those you are pulling ideas from. Take it from first hand experience, your hair will never turn out as the mirror image of your inspirational photos. It is important to imagine the bangs you are going for on your own face and question if it will enhance your face shape, blend in with the rest of your hair length and suit your overall style.

One of the most crucial things to consider before cutting bangs is your hair texture because this will also determine how you need to get your bangs cut and styled. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, you need to contemplate if you want your bangs to fall in their natural state or if you will be manipulating its texture with heat before you decide how short, and how thick you will be cutting them. If you hair usually dries straight, you may want to consider how to cut it in order to add some texture and volume in accordance to your desired outcome. For some inspiration and further knowledge on bangs in accordance with texture, you can browse through Cosmopolitans article that provides images of many bang styles on people with various hair textures and styles.

Cutting bangs may seem like a walk in the park, but maintaining them requires a lot of time and attention. Bangs usually demand some sort of styling due to how easily they can become messy after you wash your hair or upon waking up from a good night's sleep. Despite its difficulty, there are many methods and tools you can use to style bangs without too much hassle. If you enjoy being low maintenance, you can opt to pin back your bangs with a hair clip when you sleep or when your hair is wet so they can dry tamed and styled. If you think your bangs will require hot tools, a blow dryer will usually be your best bet. You can purchase a Bang Control Thermal Round Brush, that is made specifically to work with and style bangs with a blowdryer, at Ulta for $15.99. If you need help learning how to blow dry or style your hair, you can look to professional articles and tutorials for help, such as Drybars guide for blow drying bangs.

Getting bangs is a great way to change up your style and look, so if you have been thinking about it, this is your sign to go for it. Remember that bangs grow back fast, so if you don't enjoy your style too much at first, you will be able to style it to the side or differently in no time. Bangs are a bold look that requires a lot of care and thought, so make sure you understand all it entails before making the leap, and once you do, you'll have wished you did it sooner.