What Super Bowl Sunday Really Means To The American People

It's not just a day for a football game.

127
Unsplash.com

Even though the Super Bowl is the biggest game of the year, the week leading up to the Super Bowl and even Super Bowl Sunday can mean much more than just football. So, here is a list of what Super Bowl Sunday really means to the American people.

1. Parties

Whether it is a family party or a friends party, you are bound to end up at a watch party to watch the big game.

2. Food

If you are at a party without some killer snacks, you better get up and leave because you are at quite possibly the worst Super Bowl party ever.

3. Commercials

Can I get a "Dilly Dilly!"?? Even if you aren't in it for the game itself, at least you have the commercials. Second to the game, the commercials are all the talk the day following the Super Bowl.

4. Getting drunk on a Sunday

Not normal behavior, even for a kid in college, but this single Sunday of the year tends to be one of the only ones where a majority of the people are drunk on a Sunday.

5. The halftime show

In between the game and all of the commercials, there is the halftime show. The show is usually one of the highly promoted parts of the game and it is very often hit or miss with the people watching at home. It is either very impressing or absolutely awful. (Lets hope JT can impress rather than disappoint.)

6. And, Believe it or not, football

Despite everything else going on during Super Bowl Sunday, there is still a football game to be watched. No matter what team you cheer for, there is always a favorite to win the big game .

On that note, GO PATS! #SAFTB