12 Things I Won't Care About Once I Finish College

11 Things I Won't Care About Once I Finish College

Sure I'll have bills and a job to go to everyday, but at least I won't have any papers to write.

37
https://www.maxpixel.net/University-Drill-Field-Mississippi-State-Mississippi-2165898
Max Pixel

2 more years stand between me and being finished with graduate school. 2 more years of schoolwork, tests, and group projects. I still have a good bit of schooling left, but I can still dream.

1. Homework

No more papers. No more busy work assignments.

2. Group projects

Why are these even a thing in college? Sure learning to "work together" is great when you are in high school, but in college it is just chaotic because everyone always seems to have conflicting schedules and living situations. This is something I certainly won't miss.

3. College Parking

This situation speaks for itself. I'd much rather walk 2 miles to class than drive around a parking lot for an hour only to get a ticket anyway.

4. The odd smell coming from my neighbor's apartment

Being in college, you never know what crazy neighbors you are going to get. From marijuana to fried chicken, the smells of college living are endless.

5. Allen 31

As an educational psychology major, you are certain to have one or all of you classes in this room. The worst is when you have classes in there for 3 hours in a row.

Unreliable thermostat, chalkboard, awkward desks, and paneling on the walls. Oh Allen 31.

6. Tests

I love learning, but taking tests is one of the most anxiety provoking parts of college. No more cramming or drilling yourself with notecards until the wee hours of the morning.

7. FAFSA

Filing for financial aid is the dreaded moment of the whole year. After college, FAFSA will be a distant nightmare.

8. Block meals and flex dollars

Nothing is more frustrating than getting to the end of a spring semester and have $100 worth of flex dollars left that you have to hurry and blow so your money doesn't disappear into thin air.

9. Cafeteria food in general.

Fried fish Friday may be great, but not enough for me to miss all of the "joys" of on-campus dining.

10. Registration

Registering for classes is probably the most anxiety provoking part of college. 200 students trying to register for creative writing but only 22 seats? How does that make sense?

And a lot of classes are only offered in the spring or fall semester. So if you miss the window for a class and it's your senior year, you are stuck taking an extra semester of classes.

11. Stating your name, major, and one fun fact about you on the first day of classes

I'm here to learn and get an A, Brenda, not hear how Johnny went to New York for the first time over the summer.
I can never think of a fact about me that is "fun" enough. And after you get towards the end of your college career, everyone in your classes has heard your fun fact 5 times.

College is full of exciting memories, firsts, and some of the best times of your life, but there are definitely pieces of college that won't be missed.