What Back to The Future Got Right About 2015

Hello, McFly?

30

October 21st 2015 was one the biggest days in movie history. In the trilogy, Back to the Future, which came out in 1985, the two man characters invent a time machine. In the second movie, Marty and Doc go to the future, the year 2015. What felt like so far in the future at the time of the movie, is now our reality. How crazy is that? Watching the movie in 2015, you notice the things Back to the Future predicted was right in 2015, and what they got wrong.

WHAT THEY GOT RIGHT:

Nike Shoes: Marty McFly gets these cool Nike sneakers in the future that automatically tie themselves. Nike actually made these shoes and gave the Michael J. Fox(Marty McFly) to wear. These shoes will go on sale soon, and all proceed will go the Michael J Fox foundation for research on Parkinson's Disease.

Video Games with No Controllers: The kids in the future do not like an old game that Marty used to play, as they think it is lame to use a controller. Even though most kids still use controllers, Xbox did come out with the Kinect, which allows you to use your body as the controller.

Computer Glasses: Glasses in Back to the Future can watch TV, see who is calling, and help you with your driving. This sounds exactly like the Google Glasses. Did they copy it from the movie?

3D Movies/ Posters: In the movie, Marty gets scared by the giant shark 3D hologram. Today in 2015, it feels like every movie comes out in 3D, and we know even have 3D televisions.

Pepsi Perfect: Pepsi, just like Nike, came out with the soda that was in the movie's 2015 future on October 21st. Pepsi Perfect is what Marty drinks in the future, and now today everyone can drink Pepsi Perfect.

Video Chats: In the movie, old Marty does business through a video chat. This was created before the days of Skye and FaceTime. The movie accurately predicted how business is done in 2015, with many businessmen and women communicated through video chats.

WHAT THEY ALMOST GOT RIGHT:

Cubs winning the World Series in 2015: It almost could of happened. After 106 years, The Chicago Cubs were predicted to win the World Series in 2015 in Back To the Future. The Cubs, in reality, made it to the National League Championships, before losing to the New York Mets. It would have been a great story, if the Cubs actually won!

WHAT THEY GOT WRONG:

Flying Cars: The 2015 in the movie, had highways in the sky with flying cars. Today, we are far away from having highways be in the sky, and having the majority of the population buying flying cars.

Hoverboards: We all want them, after seeing Marty shred with the hoverboard in the film. However, technology has not got up to our dreams of beating Grif and his gang on hover boards.

Accurate Weather System: In the film, Doc says that the weather system is super efficient and can predict when the rain will stop to the minute. I think it is safe to say in this 2015, we all wish this was true.

No Lawyers: In the imagined 2015 in Back To the Future, they got rid of all lawyers and streamlined the justice system. This is something we are all glad that the moive got wrong.

Self-Drying Clothes: Marty gets his jacket wet in the movie, and the jacket dries itself. This would be such a cool thing to have, but unfortunalty our 2015 is not that high tech.

Pretty impressive that a movie that came out in the 1980's predicted many things that are now true in 2015!