Weird Things Every College Student Needs

The daily necessities every college student needs.

7
Google Images

When you start college, you go to the store and buy all of the basics. You buy sheets, a bed spread, a chair, and even some dishes. However, going into college, which is a brand new environment for every one of us, you never know the weird, quirky things that every college student needs. Now, after conquering my freshman year and experiencing all that the first year of college has to offer, I have learned what weird things that every college student needs to have.

A Signature Coffee Mug

Every student has to have their own special mug. First of all, college requires a lot of caffeine. Second of all, having a special mug ensures that no one will steal it, cause everyone knows that it’s yours. And last of all, you get to show off your unique style by getting a crazy mug.

A Cool Tapestry

Getting a cute, unique tapestry will brighten up the room and can cover up the nasty looking white walls.

Removable Wall Paper or Decor

Since you can’t permanently paint the walls of your dorm, any bit of color and spunk will lighten up those terrible white walls real quick.

Jewelry Organizer

Even though most people throw their jewelry into a random drawer or box, a unique jewelry organizer will not only keep you organized, but also brighten up your room with a unique piece.

Crazy Cups

Using solo cups every time you have people over will cost you a lot of money, which as a college student, you don’t have. So, buy some cool, reusable plastic cups.

A Soft Body Pillow

Even though all the college beds are tiny twin beds, a body pillow, especially a fluff one, will replace your pet at home. So, get a pillow to snuggle with when you’re tired.

A Cool, Stringy Photo Display

Showing off your photos will brighten up your room and let you remember home. So, you need a cool, stringy display that will show off your photos and decorate your room in a cute way.

Crazy Lights

Nothing “brightens” up your room like some cool light curtains or twinkly lights. Maybe even a color speaker could brighten up a party.

Posters

Show off your passions by hanging up posters of things you like all over your room. I have a Cleveland Cavaliers poster hanging over my bed in my dorm room. #GoCavs

A Flag

Whether it is a school flag or an American flag, a flag shows off your passion. I have a giant school flag that I hang over my bed. Also, a flag is a great cape to wear for tailgates!

A Side Table

Everyone needs a side table next to their bed to either charge their phone on, put their computer on, or even set their bowl of chips down. A table is way sturdier than one of those hanging organizers that people hang off their beds. Plus, then you can then do your homework in bed.

Costumes

There are always themed parties that you are gonna have to dress up for, so loading up on the random costumes will make the day before a themed party way less stressful. Some of the major themed parties that I have seen are Risky Business, Hawaiian, paint, cops, and toga themed.

A Cool Pen

Everyone has to have their one favorite pen that writes so smoothy!

Overall, the weirder the item is, the better it is. So, load up on the weird items!