What To Do: The Weeks Before The Disney College Program

Be Prepared

93
Rachel Pidisch

As most of you reading this probably already know, I am going to Walt Disney World, and it is not just to be for a week-long vacation. I am going to be living and working in Disney. Now that I have fifty-five days left (not that I'm counting), until my program begins, there are some activities that I have done to prepare myself for the coming eight months.

1. Watch Disney Vlogs on YouTube

If we are close, then you know that I have been staying up way past midnight watching DCP vlogs. If you think that you can only take so much Disney vlogging, then you are wrong. I have been finding new channels about every week. I of course watch the latest videos on my YouTube subscriptions as well.

2. Listen To A Disney Music Playlist

Some people may say that I will be tired of listening to Disney music once I get there. Errr, you are wrong. I have been listening to Disney music for the past twenty years. I don't think that I am going to suddenly be sick of listening to it when I get to Walt Disney World. In fact, I think I will be enjoying it even more. I apologize if you listen to me sing Disney songs over and over again.

3. Catch Up On Disney Classics

Netflix has added more Disney movies. Whenever I watch a movie more than once, I always find something new in it. Better yet, show one of your favorites to someone who has never seen it before and watch them fall in love with the magic.

4. Order The Free Disney Vacation Video

If you are a Disney nerd like me, you already know that Disney offers FREE vacation videos on their website. All you have to do is type in your mailing address, and it should get to you in less than a month. I have a collection of them in my dorm room. You never know when they are going to change it up a little bit.

5. Share Every Disney Related Article On Facebook

I am absolutely guilty of this, but who can help it? There is always something new being added to one of the parks. I just want the whole world to see it with me!

6. Check My Countdown App

Okay. Yes. I check this more than once a day. And yes, I am aware that it is not going to change in less than 24 hours.

7. Make A DCP Bucket List

This is a must! Try to plan the things that you want to do ahead of time. Of course, you will be adding to this when you get there, but when the program is over, you will remember completing everything on your bucket list. Cherish these memories!

8. Attempt To Pack

The fact that I am flying down to Orlando instead of driving has its pros and cons. Pro: I do not have to move my entire life down with me and I have less to unpack. Con: I will be having to take several trips to Walmart and Target to get the essentials. For right now, I am organizing all of my warm-weather gear because that is all I can do. I would suggest bringing a list that you already made of everything that you need to get once you arrive.

9. Tell Everyone That I Am Moving To Disney

Even if it is for a second, third, or fourth time.

10. Spending Time With My Family & Friends

This is probably the most important. I am not going to be able to see my family for my time while I'm there. Obviously I am going to be taking advantage of FaceTime and talking to them on the phone, but nothing is better than to be in the same room as your parents and siblings.

So if you were wondering what I have been up to the last few weeks, here you go. I am going to be journaling most of my program, so stay tuned for 2017: Alexis In Neverland.