Quotes Of A Disney College Program Cast Member

The inevitable statements said during your time working for the mouse.

942
Victoria Leigh Keiser

The Disney College Program unites different people from all around the world together in a location full of fantasy and wonder. With varying ethnicities, backgrounds, and lifestyles, we are crammed together in tight apartment buildings and gather on obnoxiously late buses, all with the same purpose. Although we may be different in looks or manner, our mindsets are undoubtedly similar. Here are the inevitable quotes of the DCP you will find yourself saying one way or another:

1. “Oh look! I'm scheduled until 4:00 a.m. again”

We've all been there. As CP's, we are notoriously the "closing people" of the locations we work. As soon as the schedule drops at midnight, even without fighting the internet to get on the portal, we know those lucky shifts are ours to treasure and never trade away. Granted, they are a pain, but some of the greatest moments come from those after midnight magic hours.

2. “I wonder if my ER went through...”

We all have those endless shifts we never want to endeavor. Even though it's the most magical place on Earth, we are still human beings who get sick, exhausted, and, well, downright cranky. As we pray to the "Muses" to approve our early release, the only "sign" we get is the Disney Point to go back onstage.

3. “I am the luckiest person in the world to work here”

Maybe it's after the most fantastic magical moment you had on your program, or possibly just following an interaction with a guest who made you feel like you were a real life prince or princess. Maybe different wording, and spoken under our breath, we have said this statement and truly, fully meant it. Despite the hardships, we realize how truly grateful we are to experience the DCP.

4. “Have a magical day!”

Some think it is as cheesy as the mouse himself at first. Some use it any minute they can get. Sure, it is part of our usual script, but you will have a day that you say it and mean it with every fiber of your being. It rolls off the tongue swiftly, like you have never had the change to use it before. Although the words were meant for the guest, the magic was really kept for you.

5. “This place has become my home”

It was strange and distant at first, but it becomes the most comfortable place on the planet when you leave. As the days count down on your program, you feel the tinge of homesickness. However this is not for your hometown, but for that spot in front of the castle for 'Wishes'. It is for the the comfort of the seats in Philharmagic. It is for the sensation you get right before Tower of Terror drops. It is for the home you have built here from day one. Growing is part of the process during this program, and finding yourself is another. Your experiences echo in the walls of every place you touched, sang, and almost dropped from excitement. You found a piece of yourself in the crowds of strangers you saw every day. You found home.

6. “Can you believe someone just asked me...”

We have all had it. The question. The absurd and completely ridiculous question that floored you to the point of excusing yourself from off stage to chuckle for a second. Whether it is Hogwarts, Walt's frozen head, or directing someone to the nearest meeting with the Minions, these are inevitable experiences we all face at one time or another. Of course we can't laugh then, but it makes for one heck of a story later.

7. “Without you here, I don't know how I would have survived”

We all have that person. Whether it is a best friend, a significant other, or someone of equal importance, they are there on our programs helping us through. You are helping them in return. They are the people that bring out the pixie dust and shine the way for you. You can vent to them, spend time with them, shop with them, and even go to the emergency room with them (God forbid). They are there a 110 percent of the time for you, and you count your lucky stars you found them.

8. “Lets take a picture!”

Lets face it. Half of our time spent at Disney is spent in front of the camera (Photopass or selfie), capturing our fondest memories. It is the one place we remember to, knowing subconsciously that leaving will be coming sooner than we think. We want to encapsulate those moments of pure, genuine happiness for as long as we can, and maybe share them with all our Instagram followers in the process.

9. “I love Disney for the atmosphere, but I love Universal for the rides”

Yes, the guilt flows over you as you curse your boss for lacking the thrill of giant drops and mist in your face on every single ride. Nonetheless, us thrill seekers are fully aware that the Disney Parks are not full of "screaming heads off" fun. Living in Florida, we need to take advantage of being in the theme park capital of the world and get our kicks on “The Hulk” and “The Mummy”.

10. “And...I'm broke”

E.P.C.O.T. = Every Paycheck Comes on Thursday. E.P.L.O.F= Every Paycheck Leaves on Friday. It is the nature of the beast. We are constantly surrounded by new merchandise, delicious treats, and huge dollar signs following them. We need to pay for rent, gas (for those lucky enough with a car), and things to live. As fast as we make our money, we can't help throwing our wallets any chance we can at the newest Mickey mug.

11. “I never want to leave”

As you look around in awe, the tears are being held back. The universe will be steady and everything will be at bliss. The ideas of school, work, and home fly out the window. Although, they fly back in just as quick. Many do stay and work for Disney, but many of us leave. For the ones who leave, it is tough. We are going between our heart and our head, to finish school, to go back to family, and to finish what we left off. Our bodies will leave, sure, but our hearts will stay for a lifetime.