Surrounding Donald Trump's inauguration, protests erupted all over the world. While the media reported violent protests, peaceful protests went largely unnoticed. Moreover, people from seven continents marched the day after the inauguration for women's rights. Here are some of the most powerful signs from the recent protests.
1. INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICE EVERYWHERE
2. Build Bridges, Not Walls
A unifying theme around the globe, building bridges instead of walls carries a strong message.
3. Change What You Cannot Accept
I am no longer accepting things I cannot change. I am changing things I cannot accept. - Angela Davis
4. We Are The CHANGE
5. I Will Stand With The Most Vulnerable
6. We Are Not SILENT & We Are The MAJORITY
It is well-known that Clinton received over 3 million votes more than Trump, and these signs speak to that.
7. We Stand Together; We Are All Immigrants.
This young child seems to have a better understanding of humanity than some of our political leaders.
8. Immigrants Make America GREAT
The "Bummer" and "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" signs in the background offer some humor to a grave situation.
9. Humanitarianism Must Stop Nationalism
It isn't just America that is upset about the election of Trump.
10. We Will Not Live In Fear
11. Hate Won't Make U.S. GREAT
12. Stand for EQUALITY
13. We Are Created EQUAL
14. Why Should We Give Trump A Chance?
15. We Are All In This Together
16. Make America Kind Again
I absolutely love this spin on Trump's slogan.
17. Make America Think Again
18. Respect Existence or Expect Resistance
I will NOT go quietly back to the 1950s!
19. White SILENCE = White VIOLENCE
Washington D.C., January 21, 2017
A wise man once said, "History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." I don't know about you, but I refuse to be silent.
20. The Movement For Black Lives
21. OUR bodies, OUR minds, OUR POWER
22. We All Move Forward
23. I AM AMERICA
24. I'm With Her
25. CONTROL ≠ Leadership
26. UGH! Where Do I Even Start?
I understand this lady's frustration. Many women can't believe they're having to protest for their rights in 2017.
27. DUDE, JUST STOP
When injustice becomes law, RESISTANCE becomes duty. - Thomas Jefferson
This is a simple, yet clear message.
29. 4 years in power = 4 years in protest
30. I Want An America Where ALL My Family Are SAFE and FREE
31. The Most Violent Element In Society Is Ignorance
32. FIGHT FASCISM
As a nation of free men, we must live through all time or die by suicide. - Lincoln
33. Scotland Doesn't Love You
34. We Rise By Lifting Others
35. Beware Of Darkness
36. If you are neutral on situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.
37. American Nightmare Day 1
38. Will you stay so polite?
This sign definitely speaks to the people who say we should all just get along with one another or that we shouldn't discuss our political views because it may cause conflict. However, we cannot blindly accept inequality and injustice, and we won't.
39. Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become SILENT About Things That MATTER
40. The Resistance!
Carrie Fisher would be proud.
41. A Woman's Place is In the Revolution
42. The True Revolutionary Is Guided By GREAT Feelings Of LOVE
43. We NEED Feminism
44. Hate Has No Home Here.
45. No Human Being Is Illegal!
46. Rebellions Are Built On HOPE.
47. His Values Are Not Your Values
48. GRAB BACK
49. Our Revolution is 2020
50. Silence is Complicity
51. Staying Human Is Worthwhile
52. We Must Love And Support One Another
53. The Future Is Female
54. We Will Not Be Silent
Brooklyn, New York; January 21, 2017
55. The Race Of Man Is Suffering
56. This Really Really Sucks
57. When they go low, we go high.
Although she is no longer in the White House, Michelle Obama will remain an inspiration for stimulating change. I can't wait to see the impact her and Barack will continue to have on America.
58. The problem...
If you voted for Trump... tell him you believe in an inclusive America. Tell him you believe in women's rights. Tell him that tax cuts for the wealthy 1% have never helped the poor or middle class. Tell him the president is a role model, not a bully.
59. Black Women's Issues Are Feminist Issues
60. Make America AFRAID Again
61. Shame on yoU.S.A
62. We Won't Give Up
64. Respect Everyone ALWAYS
65. We The People Are Greater Than FEAR
Charleston, South Carolina; January 21, 2017
66. We Are The Storm
67. Wonder Woman
68. WAKE UP, AMERICA
69. In Our America...
70. I Still Believe in Hope & Change
I still do, too.