70 Powerful Protest Signs Surrounding Trump's Inauguration

From all around the world, people came together for solidarity. These are their signs.

105
Matt Biddulph via Flickr

Surrounding Donald Trump's inauguration, protests erupted all over the world. While the media reported violent protests, peaceful protests went largely unnoticed. Moreover, people from seven continents marched the day after the inauguration for women's rights. Here are some of the most powerful signs from the recent protests.

1. INJUSTICE ANYWHERE IS A THREAT TO JUSTICE EVERYWHERE

Minneapolis, Minnesota; January 20, 2017

2. Build Bridges, Not Walls

Berlin, Germany; January 20, 2017

London, United Kingdom; January 20, 2017

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin; January 21, 2017

A unifying theme around the globe, building bridges instead of walls carries a strong message.

3. Change What You Cannot Accept

Des Moines, Iowa; January 21, 2017

Austin, Texas; January 21, 2017

I am no longer accepting things I cannot change. I am changing things I cannot accept. - Angela Davis

4. We Are The CHANGE

Chicago, Illinois; January 21, 2017

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

5. I Will Stand With The Most Vulnerable

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

6. We Are Not SILENT & We Are The MAJORITY

New York City, New York; January 19, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin; January 21, 2017

It is well-known that Clinton received over 3 million votes more than Trump, and these signs speak to that.

7. We Stand Together; We Are All Immigrants.

This young child seems to have a better understanding of humanity than some of our political leaders.

8. Immigrants Make America GREAT

Minneapolis, Minnesota; January 20, 2016

The "Bummer" and "Ctrl, Alt, Delete" signs in the background offer some humor to a grave situation.

9. Humanitarianism Must Stop Nationalism

Berlin, Germany; January 20, 2017

It isn't just America that is upset about the election of Trump.

10. We Will Not Live In Fear

Portland, Oregan; January 20, 2017

11. Hate Won't Make U.S. GREAT

Portland, Oregan; January 20, 2017

12. Stand for EQUALITY

Berlin, Germany; January 20, 2017

13. We Are Created EQUAL

St. Paul, Minnesota; January 21, 2017

14. Why Should We Give Trump A Chance?

15. We Are All In This Together

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

16. Make America Kind Again

Charleston, South Carolina; January 21, 2017

I absolutely love this spin on Trump's slogan.

17. Make America Think Again

New York City, New York; January 21, 2017

18. Respect Existence or Expect Resistance

I will NOT go quietly back to the 1950s!

19. White SILENCE = White VIOLENCE

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

A wise man once said, "History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people." I don't know about you, but I refuse to be silent.

20. The Movement For Black Lives

Washington, D.C., January 20, 2017

21. OUR bodies, OUR minds, OUR POWER

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

22. We All Move Forward

Seattle, Washington; January 21, 2017

23. I AM AMERICA

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

24. I'm With Her

Atlanta, Georgia; January 21, 2017

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

25. CONTROL ≠ Leadership

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

26. UGH! Where Do I Even Start?

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

I understand this lady's frustration. Many women can't believe they're having to protest for their rights in 2017.

27. DUDE, JUST STOP

When injustice becomes law, RESISTANCE becomes duty. - Thomas Jefferson

28. REJECT/RESIST

Des Moines, Iowa; January 21, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin; January 21, 2016

This is a simple, yet clear message.

29. 4 years in power = 4 years in protest

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

30. I Want An America Where ALL My Family Are SAFE and FREE

31. The Most Violent Element In Society Is Ignorance

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

32. FIGHT FASCISM

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

As a nation of free men, we must live through all time or die by suicide. - Lincoln

33. Scotland Doesn't Love You

Glasgow, Scotland; January 20, 2017

34. We Rise By Lifting Others

Chicago, Illinois; January 21, 2017

35. Beware Of Darkness

Los Angeles, California; January 21, 2017

36. If you are neutral on situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

37. American Nightmare Day 1

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

38. Will you stay so polite?

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

This sign definitely speaks to the people who say we should all just get along with one another or that we shouldn't discuss our political views because it may cause conflict. However, we cannot blindly accept inequality and injustice, and we won't.

39. Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become SILENT About Things That MATTER

40. The Resistance!

Carrie Fisher would be proud.

41. A Woman's Place is In the Revolution

San Francisco, California; January 21, 2017

42. The True Revolutionary Is Guided By GREAT Feelings Of LOVE

Toronto, Canada; January 21, 2017

43. We NEED Feminism

San Diego, California; January 21, 2017

44. Hate Has No Home Here.

Des Moines, Iowa; January 21, 2017

Boston, Massachusetts; January 21, 2017

45. No Human Being Is Illegal!

Washinton, D.C., January 20, 2017

46. Rebellions Are Built On HOPE.

Washington D.C.; January 20, 2017

47. His Values Are Not Your Values

48. GRAB BACK

Washington, D.C., January 20, 2017

49. Our Revolution is 2020

50. Silence is Complicity

Washinton D.C., January 20, 2017

Madison, Wisconsin; January 21, 2017

51. Staying Human Is Worthwhile

Calgary, Alberta, Canada; January 21, 2017

52. We Must Love And Support One Another

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

53. The Future Is Female

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

54. We Will Not Be Silent

Brooklyn, New York; January 21, 2017

55. The Race Of Man Is Suffering

Amsterdam, Netherlands; January 21, 2017

56. This Really Really Sucks

Washington D.C., January 20, 2017

57. When they go low, we go high.

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

Although she is no longer in the White House, Michelle Obama will remain an inspiration for stimulating change. I can't wait to see the impact her and Barack will continue to have on America.

58. The problem...

Washington D.C., January 20, 2016

If you voted for Trump... tell him you believe in an inclusive America. Tell him you believe in women's rights. Tell him that tax cuts for the wealthy 1% have never helped the poor or middle class. Tell him the president is a role model, not a bully.

59. Black Women's Issues Are Feminist Issues

St Louis, Missouri; January 21, 2017

60. Make America AFRAID Again

Washinton D.C., January 21, 2017

61. Shame on yoU.S.A

62. We Won't Give Up

Washington, D.C., January 21, 2017

63. Indivisible

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

64. Respect Everyone ALWAYS

65. We The People Are Greater Than FEAR

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

66. We Are The Storm

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

67. Wonder Woman

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

68. WAKE UP, AMERICA

Washington D.C., January 21, 2017

69. In Our America...

San Jose, California; January 21, 2017

70. I Still Believe in Hope & Change

Chicago, Illinois; January 21, 2017

I still do, too.