I’d Rather Raise A Feminist Protest Sign Than A Family

I’m The Girl Who’d Rather Raise A Feminist Protest Sign Than A Family

Oh wait...I can do both

94
https://unsplash.com/photos/9QTQFihyles
Image from John-Mark Smith from Unsplash.com

It's 2019 and finally after years of oppression, the mainstream media is focusing on women's rights, the wage gap, and yes protests filled with clever picket signs

Good for us, standing up for our beliefs and human rights. Will I be joining my fellow women?

Hell Yes.

Unlike some women such as https://www.theodysseyonline.com/not-feminist-not-sorryI know there is still work to be done.

I'm not going to be oblivious and act like women haven't come a long way, nor will I think that we have equal pay, equality, or a voice that is as respected as men. I am deeply thankful for how far women have come, but also know we still have a long way to go. I also know this day and age, that women have advanced in many fields, but I will never base my own interactions with female business owners, STEM majors, etc. on the population as a whole. In a study conducted by College Factual Review, in 2016 only 37% of STEM graduates were women, and the rest men. So what's with all the hype? We are absolutely girl bosses, we run this world, AND we still need to fight the system.

Please Don't Stop

Because it is insulting to women who fight for all our rights. This includes the right to go to college, run for congress, AND the right to be a homemaker, wife, and stay-at-home-mother. Our sisterhood is being divided by women who think you have to choose between feminism and living a traditionally feminine role.

All these protests and strong statements make us feel empowered to choose a career path or any life path that we choose. It's our rightful responsibility to our sisterhood to support each other no matter what path we take.

Why?

Because no woman should feel ashamed of their choices and should be able to feel joy, excitement, and pride in who they are. I, personally can not wait for my future career and the opportunity to better myself and my community. I also can't wait to have children and cook for them, watch their soccer games, and keep a clean house.

I will have no problem taking my husband's name, and working as a team.

Yes, women are naturally caring and gentle, but we can be fierce and carry the weight of the world. As said in Proverbs 31:25 "She is clothed in strength and dignity; and laughs without fear of the future" basically God made women strong as hell and deserve equal respect to men, including their husbands. For me, personally? I'm pretty sensitive, I cry at chick flicks and scary movies, and I scream at the sight of a spider. Still, I, in every way, am strong enough to take on tasks originally designated for men.