We Must Push Forward

We Must Push Forward

United we stand, divided we fall
7

As the 2016 presidential election is now behind us, it is time to push forward.

There have been plenty of raw emotions involved in this race, and with the results came both pain and triumph.

That being said, there is no more that we can do in regards to the president-elect America has chosen. We cannot change what has already been done, therefore we must accept it and push for a better, bright future.

We, the people of America, hold the power. We by far out number the handful of politicians in this country. If we care strongly enough about an issue, we have the power to come together peacefully to make an immense impact and ignite change.

Now is the time for Americans to learn to stand together more than ever.

Regardless of the name you wrote on your ballot, we are one.

Black, white, latino, gay, straight, whatever we may be, it does not define us. What does define us is that we are all American citizens, and as American citizens it is our duty to stand strong together.

We must stop criticizing each other for our differences in opinion, and rather rise above those differences to become stronger together.

We need to direct the focus away from what bad could possibly happen, and start to put our attention towards the positive changes that we, as American citizens, can put into action.

We need to start to understand that we are all the same. We all share the same emotions. We all have the ability to feel happiness, sadness, and whatever other emotions may be bestowed upon us. We all live on this one, constantly revolving ball of blue and green, and this is the only place we will ever have the opportunity to live.

We share the same blood, we drink from the same fountain of life, and it is time that is recognized so we can finally hold our hands up together tightly.

If your mindset is that America is doomed, then the issue lies not fully in the president, but within your soul. With negative thoughts come negative results. Positivity and peaceful course of action are the only way to create the country you are hoping for.

Which is the very reason why we must stand united.

WE have the ability to grant all rights to the LGBTQ community.

WE have the power to slow and reverse climate change.

WE have the chance to fight for equality of all.

WE are Americans and WE are one nation, not a nation divided.

We must push forward with kindness, dignity and respect, plastering a wonderful name to this country that we CAN and WILL transform into one to be proud of.