We Deserve Better Than The Frat Guy Who Ghosts Us Every Other Day

"Trust me baby, you're the only girl I'm talking to."

471

Frat parties, natty's, drunken makeouts, then snapchat exchanges... How every great love story starts right?

Or did you get the gentleman's treatment where it's love at first dm?

However it started, it's probably not going to last. The amount of boys I've come into contact with this last year who pulled that on me was insane. 95% of college boys have the mindset of "It's college, I'm young and can hoe around if I want." Which is true, but so often is used as an excuse to treat people poorly.

I went through a bad break up this last year and my ex often used his feelings to manipulate me. And I fell for it, just as I have fallen for it so many times with other boys. Honestly, it's kind of scary how easy these boys can lay it on ya.

They know what to say, when to say it, how to say it, and where to touch you to get what they want. They compliment you, and slide up on your snap story saying "My girl" and make you feel special. They tell you they like you and they want to date you, but ghost you for days after hanging out with them. They send you snaps of them with other girls, or post a new one on their story everyday. But they still tell you how they're "falling for you" and saying "You're mine".

Deep down you know they're playing you, but your heart is saying "No they are different!!! They really like you!!"

They give you cuddles, kisses, tell you to text them when you're home safe; overall acting like a whole boyfriend....

But surprise bitch he's saying the same thing to 15 other girls.You ain't special to him.

Alexa, play Truth Hurts by Lizzo.

Now am I saying this is the last time I fall for their tricks? No probably not. I'm gullible as hell. But I do know I deserve better.

Am I also saying I'm swearing off guys forever? Hell no. I'm focusing more on the ones who will treat me with respect and maturely communicate with me.

Because I'm tired of sitting around in a depressive stupor for three days when i haven't heard from "Chad" from Phi Sigma whatever. I'm tired of waiting for him to see my story, for him to slide up and call me hot, tell me to "Come over" and me saying "Omw!" Just to feel degraded the next day when he leaves me on open.

I know I'm the shit. So why do I let guys treat me like this? I want to say it's my 19 years of daddy issues, and it might be but I'm done using that as an excuse. I'm done letting boys walk all over me just so i can feel validated.

The only person I should feel validated by is myself.

We deserve better than to get hit up at 2:30 am with the "Wyd" or the straight to the point "Come over". We deserve to be treated like a mf queen.

Most importantly we deserve to be loved by ourselves. I should be my number one priority. From now on I'm putting myself first. I'm not doing things solely because "I want to" but because it will make me happy.

I'm a bad bitch and I'm done worrying about guys, I'm done with the "hoe" life.

From now on its Me, Myself and I.

*A quick disclaimer: I am not saying all Frat boys (or just boys in general) are trash, and I'm also not saying its only guys.. Girls can be players too. Just speaking from my perspective.*