10 Ways To Spend $500 That Are Way More Fun Than Textbooks You'll Never Open

The tree didn't die for this.

207

It's the beginning of the semester and you know what that means. The dreaded introductions, syllabuses, and of course, spending way too much money on supporting the genocide of trees.

10.  Roadtrips

There's nothing quite like the roaring breeze and adventure of a long road trip. Yet, it isn't free with all the gas and food expenses, $500 could get you through a few states at least. And adventure? priceless.

9. Pyschic Readings

It's a cool and unique experience to have your fortune read by a professional psychic. It's always fun to get your tarot read or scry through a crystal ball. However, you run the risk of if it's a phony- but it's not unlike the risk of paying a small fortune for a book you might never read.

8. The Zoo

Attending the zoo can be a pure and wholesome experience. You might even get to use an extra $500 to have an experience like a safari ride or feed a giraffe.

7. LARPing

LARPing stands for Live Action Role Playing and it's a fun way to act out scenarios and keep your imagination alive. To help get into character $500 can go a long way in costumes and cosplay!

6.  Food

Food expenses can add up. Eating out for a week or even just grocery shopping. $500 is a hefty and decent grocery trip and can feed you for a week or so.

5. Literally ANY Hobby

ANY hobby could use an extra $500 dollars from going to the movies to video games, to arts 'n crafts!

4. Art Supplies

Unleash your inner artist and go wild! Buy art supplies such as pencils, paints, charcoal, anything your artsy heart desires! It's art, you can't make mistakes in art. Yet, buying that textbook might be a mistake for your wallet.

3. Pets

Spend that $500 on something that loves you unconditionally- a pet! It can be furry, feathery, or scaely. Buy a fish, buy a puppy, buy a bird, buy a lizard! Pets can be expensive and so can their supplies, but they will love you conditionally. A textbook won't love you as a puppy will.

2. Concerts

Concerts are a liberating experience to have! They are spiritually freeing and soothe your soul. Music heals, concerts heal, but textbooks? They make you cry.

1. Tattoos

Qaulity tattoos are expensive as heck but they're so rewarding. It's literal art on your skin. Image the type of tattoo you can buy with $500. Tattoos are forever, but textbooks? Textbooks last as long as your sanity can in your class.

As much as it can it can hurt buying books you might never need again- and there are dozens of OTHER fun things to buy. Books prove time and time again to be a necessary evil. They can aid us in our worst classes and give us different perspectives if we ever get a chance to read them during our hectic schedule.

Have a great semester everyone!