Ways to Stop Worrying

Ways to Stop Worrying

Some tips and tricks to help ease your mind.

10
Ways to Stop Worrying
http://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/breakingbipolar/files/2012/04/MP9004230441.jpg

We all worry to some extent, but if you worry too much it can be debilitating. Overthinking causes a heap of unnecessary stress. Your mind collects, “what ifs” as though they are trophies, making it seem as though it is impossible to function. There are, however, many ways to cope.

1.) Question Your Worry

Sometimes if we take the time to analyze why we are worrying we see that there is nothing to worry about at all. Taking a step back and questioning your state of mind can actually put you in a better place. Using logic to counteract the sheer emotion that is a worried state can be the key to overcoming the anxiousness.

2.) Set a Schedule

Knowing what to expect in a day helps relieve some worry. We tend to be more relaxed when things go "according to plan." Making a list of things that need to be done or keeping a day-to-day planner will help better organize not only your life but your mind.

3.) Keep a Journal

Express yourself in the form of writing. Keeping a worry journal or diary will help you have a better handle on your emotions. To get in the habit of keeping a journal it is recommended you spend about half an hour with your worry book sometime throughout the day and an hour or so before bedtime. Keep a list of the issues that are worrying you on the left side of the page and on the right side write ideas on how you can resolve these issue. Brainstorm then go to sleep. Put the journal and your worries out of mind.

4.) Limit Your Responsibilities

We can only handle so much so don't stress yourself out with unnecessary responsibilities. Prioritize what you are doing so you do not have to worry about getting it all done. Knowing your limits can help you stop worrying, only taken on as much responsibilities as you can.

5.) Work Out

As much as most of us hate the idea of exercise, it has been proven to release endorphins that will put us in a better mood. Choose something simple, go for a run, a swim, maybe lift a few weights. You don't need to work out to the point where you're drenched in sweat, just get active. Run your worries away.

6.) Share Your Thoughts

Venting, ranting or just sharing your thoughts is a good way to express your emotions. Let others know whats bothering and they might be able to help. Putting your worry out in the open relieves some of it. Keeping it bottled up inside just makes us worry more.

7.) Distract Yourself

Go adventure, read a book, color, craft, clean; distract yourself. Focusing on a more interesting task will take your mind off of whatever is bothering you. Some people find solace in nature, others go to the local library. Find your place, find your activity, and you will find a peaceful mind.

8.) Trust in Your Abilities

You might surprise yourself with what you are capable of. But if you let worry debilitate you, you will never see what you can do. Overthinking can cause so much stress, but now you know some ways to cope!

"Don't Worry, Be Happy."