Stop Buying Your Kids Fidget Spinners!

Stop Buying Your Kids Fidget Spinners!

Unless if your kid actually needs one, stop it.
233

Teachers are banning fidget spinners, and this is ridiculous. Sure it's true that these fidget toys have been a recent distraction to kids who don't have any need for one, but there are innocent children out there who shouldn't have to deal with you causing them to have their little helper taken away! You're the reason teachers are banning these toys. You're the parent, so stop giving into your child wanting one just because.

Fidget toys are proven to benefit people with ADHD, trichotillimania, anxiety, tics, autism, ADD, and many more disorders. These are the children that need their fidget toy to help them do well in school, but other children are using these spinners as toys that shouldn't be brought to school. Many teachers and other education professionals are doing the only thing they can to do stop this craze: banning the toys. These children need to be told no for once and not get what they want at this time in order for the other children to listen, understand, and excel in both school and life.

I see children playing with these toys walking around the store just playing with them for no reason. I then went to Walmart the next day to buy myself a fidget cube to help me with tics and pulling hairs out obsessively. The first thing I noticed was the cube and spinners were in the toy department, and the next thing I noticed was the fidget spinners were SOLD OUT. Not only that, but the fidget cubes had over half gone as well. The cube has truly amazed me with the remarkable benefits I've received, but I am truly dissatisfied with the response these fidget spinners have had.

I may even receive some backlash saying, "Well there are other fidget toys out there." Sure this might be true, but I used fidget toys as a child and I had my preferences of the toys I used. I hated using the Rubix Cube, but the other toy I had I really enjoyed. I'm sure the simplicity of the fidget spinner has kids hooked for that to be their fidget preference.

So, in the end, stop it. Maybe if you at least keep these toys from your child while they are at school, the innocent lives can have their fidget toy back. Unless if your child needs a fidget toy, please stop.