The 5 Stages Of Watching The MLB Postseason

Every fan's experience when watching the playoffs.

213

The MLB postseason is underway which means it's about to be an emotional roller coaster for the fans. Streaks can be broken, legacies can be made, new stars will be born and tears will most certainly fall. But most fans will certainly go through the same stages of love and hate throughout the postseason.

1. Complaining about the one game Wild Card

This is definitely one of the dumbest things ever added to a sports season. You have every team play 162 games for six months of the year. After all of that hard work and grind it all comes down to a SINGLE game? It makes no sense, how couldn't it be a three-game series? You added the game to add even more baseball to a season so it's not like having two more games could hurt you.

2. Defending a player who's had a bad year by saying "The playoffs are a different season." 

Everybody is guilty of this. There's always that one guy who wants to poke fun at your players regular season number. It's infuriating, you can't dig up a stat that's good because baseball has so many with pretty confusing acronyms. So instead of people just go with saying that the playoffs are a different season. The stats are all set back to zero which gives the players some confidence. It also puts the haters in the mental pretzel.

3. Getting mad when your game is on MLB Network

Get it through your head MLB. Not every one has your stupid network.

4. Streaming mid day games during lectures/work

Let's be real everyone who cares about baseball does it. Is it a good thing to do? No probably not. But would you sacrifice a day on notes or a day of work to see your favorite team make history? Yes.

5. Living and dying on every pitch

It's a hard life to live with literally no sense of relaxation during a game. I couldn't tell you how many times I fidget or yell whenever the Red Sox are playing (especially now that they're playing the Yankees). A lot of neighbors will be mad and friends will question your sanity. But when your team is able to pull through, the emotional relief and happiness are so great you couldn't even think of watching the game a different way.

If by this point you've been reading this with a whole lot of head nods and "Oh, yeah, that's me." It isn't a shameful thing because you're not alone. Playoffs bring out the best from players and fans which is truly the beauty of sports.