I Want To Become A Master Of My Emotions

A message to myself to control my emotions.

33
Huffington Post

Emotions are a sensitive thing that most can barely understand. Emotions are like your family members at Christmas. When there is too many of them asking too many questions that make you feel a certain way, you sometimes get overwhelmed. I have made it a mission of mine to become a master of my own emotions. I have found out that I don’t have much control over my emotions. This is a problem that has led me to a few mental breakdowns that are unnecessary. Too many emotions is like when you forgot to do ten different assignments for ten different classes and you end up having to do them all in one weekend. Emotions can overwhelmed you in good and bad ways. I have made it my mission to control the bad emotions and embrace the good ones. Embrace the emotions like happiness and excitement. Control the emotions like anger and frustrations. I could say that I want to get rid of emotions like anger and frustration but I need those emotions to learn from. I want to control them, to make sure that those specific emotions don’t control me.

Don’t let others emotions influence your emotions. One of my problems in life is that I am a people pleaser. By people pleasure I mean that I like to make other people happy. This is sometimes a great thing. I can be happy as well as help other people be happy. This also tends to get me into trouble when I sacrifice my own happiness for others. This is when my emotions ultimately become way out of my control. It’s as if I give my positive emotions to others only to have the bad emotions left over for me to handle. I want to become a master of my own emotions while still helping others be happy.

How can I do such a thing? I can start by being a little selfish. Make sure that I am in control before I start to help someone else because if I try to take on someone’s emotions when I don’t even have my own emotions in control it will turn into a world wind of sadness. I can also start by figuring out the parts of my life where I get the most frustrated and angry and identity them early on so I can figure out ways to keep them under control. These are the first steps of being in control of my own emotions.

So, why am I writing this and putting it on the World Wide Web for the public? I want others to understand why they should try to master their emotions. Not even just understand why but understand how they can do it. Only you can figure out how to become a master of your own emotions. I have gotten myself in too many situations where my emotions made more problems in my life or made problems in my life more dramatic because I didn’t know how to control my own emotions. I let the factor of other’s emotion influence mine. I am writing this to myself as a reminder to never let my emotions take control over me. I am writing this as a reminder to myself to take control of my own emotions.

~Col