Walking Into The Unknown

Walking Into The Unknown

It doesn't have to be frightening.

215
Walking Into The Unknown
Revel Wallpapers

We all grow comfortable in situations, whether it’s friendships, work, relationships, etc. It’s completely normal for this to happen, but it isn’t always beneficial for us. Robert Tew said, “Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.” Tew has a valid point, and granted it’s easier said than done, but it’s important for individuals to realize this.

Life may not always pan out the way we want it to. We don’t always have control over situations but we do have a say in how it will affect us. When we find ourselves comfortable in our lives, it doesn’t necessarily mean everything is great. If we assess our lives, there are points where we would like improvement to happen. When it comes to relationships, it takes two people for it work. But even the longest relationships have no remedy and no amount of teamwork can make it improve.

Whatever the situation, it’s important to understand that although it may be scary to walk away from something you’ve known for so long, it’s possible and sometimes necessary. Tew knew that we have agency over our lives. If there’s an area in your life that isn’t helping you grow as a person, if it isn’t doing anything positive for your life and if it isn’t bringing you joy, walk away from it. Fear shouldn’t hold anyone back from having a rich and full life.

Of course, this entails leaving people behind or at least creating distance from them. Relationships change over time, it’s natural, and if there’s any chance to stay connected with a person in a different way, then go for it. But when endings are messy, cutting contact completely off is the best option.

I’ve been witness to several toxic relationships that are emotionally, and at times physically, abusive. The people that hold onto these kind of relationships have their reasons but I’ve always attempted to be the voice of reason and urged loved ones that they deserve better. It doesn’t have to do with other fishes in the sea. Instead, it’s about self-love and self-respect.

Despite the fear that comes with letting go of what you’ve known for so long, you should embrace the new experiences and adventures ahead. As you continue to grow and change, there will be different people coming in and out of your life, all of them having a certain impact on you. There’s excitement in not knowing what the future holds. Don’t let fear of any kind stop you from living it.