A very open letter to that one "friend"

A very open letter to that one "friend"

I am sure you're fine

47
A very open letter to that one "friend"
Google images

Hey girl,

I am sure you're doing great, but I wanted to write a very open letter to you.

I understand now that life is about change. That people come, and people go.

And you definetly cannot be friends with everyone, you have to "click."

Not only am I writing this as a closing to us ever knowing each other, I am writing it for guys and girls who have found themselves in my shoes.

It's hard to accept the fact, that I considered you a friend, and you considered me a "friend."

Then, I didn't know there was a difference.

Sure, we had some good times, "Go Vols, amirite"

But we also had some very bad times, I'd never really experienced a fight with a friend like this before.

Maybe we didn't last because I was a freshman and you were a junior in Highschool when we met at the Vol walk, or maybe because i was blind then, and writing this I am now a Junior in Highschool, and you're a college freshman.

I am sure by now you know who you are, please out of respect to me don't reach out to me, just as well I am sure the people around me know who you are.

A friendship is a two way street, I talk to you about my problems, and you talk to me about yours. You can't always be talking about yourself in a friendship.

Back then, I didn't know that.

That's the sad thing.

Maybe I was so stupid to not see it, maybe I was holding onto something that wasn't there. Honestly my mental health is much more important than the "friendship" we had.

I honestly hope you don't treat all of your friends this way, and I hope you learned to not tell someone in a "rough situation" to just "deal with it."

I am not a bad person, in fact I am a good person, I tried many times to continue the friendship, but only got hurt in the end, I am doing fine now, and I hope you are too.

I won't bring up the past again, I won't wish anything bad on you.

No, in fact I hope you're doing great, in your studies, and in your friendships, and in the search for the boy of your dreams.

I hope you have nothing but good that comes your way.

But I do stay in constant prayer for you, that you may change your ways to not hurt another like you did me, but that is the past, and this is now.

Don't worry, I won't say any of the bad but true things I experienced in this "friendship," and when people ask if I know you, I won't say yes, I will say no, I knew her. I wish for you to do the same towards me.

If not, then that is your Morals, not mine.

Christians don't play gossip girl.

This letter is written from the bottom of my heart and not out of anger or spite, I truly hope it reaches you, and I hope you understand that. I truly wish you nothing but the best for you in your future.

I have grown, matured, and become a much stronger person now.

I would totally remind you of who I am,

But,

Honestly,

I totally don't see a reason I should.

P.S. I may be younger than you, but I totally still think I am more mature, and I have friends who back me.

Goodbye, forever this time.