Love Yourself This Valentine's Day

Love Yourself This Valentine's Day

Don't be the Grinch of Valentine's day and learn to love everything around you.

8
Love Yourself This Valentine's Day

With Valentine's Day coming up there is a significant amount of people that are hating on this holiday. But why? Why are we so afraid of being alone? Personally since a messy breakup I also have had a strong hate for this time of year. February just isn’t the month. Couples are so extra this time of year. We shouldn’t feel this way. This should also be a time to show your love to your family and friends. The people who surround us are the ones that deserve to receive all our love. But most importantly you ! You should love yourself and who you have become. Things have happened in life that will make you not feel as good about our self, but that should not be the case. God did not make such a beautiful human being for them to hate themselves. Like the great poet Maya Angelou said “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.“ So here are some ideas to show yourself love this Valentine’s day and further down in your life.

Post-it notes to yourself.

Now as a Netflix fanatic I have came across the amazing show Being Mary Jane. The main character Mary Jane had Post-It notes around her whole house with positive and inspiring quotes. Do that ! I did and I love it ! I love seeing random sparks of inspiration around my room. They do not even have to be quotes it can just be saying “You look beautiful!”, or something of the sort. Have fun with it!

Surround yourself with people you love

SO, I am currently the only single pringle of my squad but I have learned to be okay with it. My best friend’s boyfriend is one of my best friends now and we all love to hang out ! We hang out as one big group. We love to go to the movies, Chattanooga to ride bikes or just hangout at someone’s house and it is great. But I also love to have nights in with my sisters. Every once in awhile my sisters and I will organize movie or game nights and just hang out. Those kinda nights are my favorite the nights it get to just sit around and laugh. The reason I say surround yourself with people you love is because they make you forget any care you have. They make you forget any lonely feeling you ever have or fear of judgment.

Stop caring what people think

Okay, easier said than done right ? But seriously, I think we are so scared to be alone because we care about what people say. We think people will say we are alone because we have personality issues or we complain too much ..etc. We should not care. I have finally learned that people will always talk no matter your situation and it will always be that way. So brush it off, brush off the comments and live your beautiful life.

Gift yourself something

Now, it doesn’t have to be a diamond necklaces or anything that extreme. It can be a little box of chocolates, that dress that you been eyeing for awhile, or make your favorite dinner. Treat yourself ! Do it , and tell yourself you deserve it.

Talk to yourself in the mirror

Now most people might find this weird but it’s not. Tell yourself how much you love your smile and that curly wild hair. Tell yourself how great your day will be and how on point your outfit is today. It will start your day off with a smile. It has definitely helped my self-esteem and the way I see myself throughout the day. Remember to be kind to yourself.

Pray

Last, but certainly not least, pray. Pray to the great Lord and ask him to give you peace in your heart. Ask him to help you love every inch of yourself, because he created you that way. He gave you everything you hate because he loved it on you. Honestly this will help. I prayed every night for someone to come along and fix my heart, but I figured out. I was praying for the wrong thing. After plenty of failed dates I realized I needed to love who I was first. I needed to pray that I would find peace in my heart and love my wild hair. The Lord helped me see the love I need was in my very home. He helped me see everything and everyone I have to give all my love to. My career, my family, friends and myself. He opened made me have faith in him and now that one day he will send me someone to spend all my Valentine’s day with. He will send me someone who will respect my beliefs and will love me for me, just like I do. Like Proverbs 3:5-6 mentions “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.”