8 Reasons Why A Digital Planner May Be Exactly What You Need To Take Control Of 2020

Hey, maybe you can actually stick to it.

66
Photo by Marten Bjork on Unsplash

I love planners but can't stay dedicated and end up buying some for the aesthetic. Recently, I've researched digital planning and decided to give it a try, so far so good. You can create it in PowerPoint, like I did, or Keynotes, which is quite popular for Apple devices and download it as a PDF.

Planner AppsTaylar Banks

From here, make sure you use a program that can open PDFs. I use GoodNotes on my iPad, and my digital planner looks great! This is also a great app to use as a notebook.

1. It's digital.

Taylar Banks

It's 2020, phones and tablets can do pretty much anything. A lot of people are on their electronics all day, so why not add a fun planner to the mix and get yourself organized? Take it on the go on your smart device.

2. It works just like a planner.

Taylar Banks

You can create hyperlinks to go to certain pages, a cover, spiral binding, add stickers, fonts... anything really.

3. You may develop better organization skills.

Taylar Banks

I don't know about you, but I usually have a bunch of papers and random spots for notes or important dates. Don't get me wrong, you can have a physical planner and have it organized, but what if you drop an important paper or write something incorrectly? I get so frustrated when this happens.

If you're into the digital world, why not have a planner, too, so you'll always have it.

4. There's so many cute cheap ones you can buy.

Taylar Banks

Etsy is amazing when it comes to finding planners. You can get one for as little as $6 and a bunch of stickers... sometimes, for even less. When you buy it, the seller will send you a PDF file, and often times, they'll have some tips and stuff for you. There are so many different ones that I'm sure at least one will fit everyone's aesthetic!

5. You won't have a stacked collection of nice unused planners.

Taylar Banks

I love pretty planners, but I know not to buy them if I won't use them. No shade, but not all of us have that type of self control. It may not be the same, but you can have all the beautiful, colorful and unique planners

6. You can customize it!

Taylar Banks

Even though a lot of stuff is pre-made, you can draw, color, add stuff like stickers, highlight etc. It's just like a physical one! Make it as pretty, simple and unique as you want to!

7. Creating your own is time consuming but so much fun!

Month and Weeks

Taylar Banks

I started making one, and I'm OBSESSED. I'm not going to lie, I've spent an unhealthy amount of time creating one, but I know it's going to be worth it when I'm finished. If you're creative and love to learn how to do new things, love digital projects or just love making stuff, this option may be for you! Pre-made is great and all, but personally, I like to make things myself and make it exactly how I want it to look.

8. You won't lose it.

Taylar Banks

It's on your device! It's not going anywhere unless you delete it. You can save backups to all of your storage apps!