Want To Be A Legend? GO TO BAMA!
Campuses

Want To Be A Legend? GO TO BAMA!

Ten reasons why the University of Alabama is the university for you!

777
Two girl Alabama college students
Julia A Smith

College is known to be the most influential, memorable, learning experience of your life. These four years are set aside to figure out what to do for the rest of your life... NO PRESSURE. I knew when it came to picking colleges, I was looking for the full package. You want to find somewhere you can excel in the classroom, feel comfortable with your surroundings while having places to escape off and on campus.

When it comes to The University of Alabama, this campus has it all. As soon as I step foot on campus, I knew that BAMA was the place for me!

1. Tradition: pomp it up!

Girls putting finishing touches on homecoming pomp.

Julia Smith

Organizations all across campus compete every year during Homecoming to make the most successful pomp art. What is a pomp you may ask? imagine thousands of tiny paper balls all rolled to perfection to create a picture to represent UA's pride. Although the finishing product is very mesmerizing, the tedious job shows how the University values the ability of teamwork and how nothing can be achieved unless one is surrounded by a strong support system.

Beside the pomp art shown around campus, A homecoming queen is elected and selected by the student body, and the ultimate campus bomb fire occurs every year in the heart of the university, the quad. To finish up the week of festivities, The city of Tuscaloosa and all organizations on UA's campus participate in the homecoming parade where thousands of students and Alumni cheer for their pride of the crimson white before the big BAMA game.

2. Monumental: Yes, President Bell does live here!

Even though the university continues to build every year, historical buildings are still preserved from the war in 1865. Besides the president mansion that was built in 1841, the quad also still holds the astronomy building saved from the war. The gorgeous house that is still present on campus is now utilized for its history and is now a museum. All buildings are built with similar architecture to give the university a uniform look. The university takes pride in the beauty of its campus. The quad is always perfectly groomed with flowers and grass cut to perfection which makes a great study place. the natural beauty of the campus is quite refreshing if one decides to indulge in Bama's nature while studying or just enjoying the weather.

3. Pride: Our Alumni

This University has been around since 1831 and was one of the first public universities for the state of Alabama. Many students have walked through the halls of the Ferguson center, sat in Bryant Denny Stadium as the crimson tideway one of many games. To say the least many memories are made on this campus and alumni to this day, even 60 years ago still return. Alumni continuously give back to place they called home four years ago by providing scholarships to students all across the university ensuring that anyone is capable of achieving an Alabama education.

4. Honor

Graduates from all over the country still represent the big A all across the world. The University is very fortunate testily be in contact with Alabama alumni to promote and help current student within their field. Students can travel all across the country through the program Industry Emerson. Meeting CEOs to anchors on CNN Alabama not only is a great school to learn but succeed outside of the classroom.

5. Ball Games

Currently obtaining 17 national championship titles, The crimson tide is one of the most renown football teams of all time. Many wonder the story behind the meaning behind the saying "the crimson tide"? Alabama is known for the red soil and as the team moved down the field covered in dirt, it looked as if a crimson tide was moving. Alabama football is a unit and thanks to Nick Saban and the honorable Bear Bryant, Alabama football is the most prestigious games to UA, for everyone enjoys game day. Whether you're one month old or over 100 years old, anyone can be an Alabama football fan. Every game day, all fans are decked out in crimson and houndstooth, tailgating on the quad, getting their barbecue, shaking their shakers, and singing sweet home Alabama all season long!

6. Friendship

Julia A. Smith

Even though college isn't forever, I know that everyone I have met has truly shaped me into the person I am and what made my college memories so memorable. I may not remember every test I took, the long study nights, the struggles and stresses, but I will always remember the people that got me through it and kept me motivated. I will never forget the ice cream runs, the breakfast dates, and the nights when your friends made all your worries go away. I am so fortunate to have met my life long friends in college.

7. Tuscaloosa Beauty

Although Alabama's campus is picture perfect, you can always venture through Tuscaloosa and experience the natural beauty of Alabama. On warmer days, I love to spend a day at lake Nicol either lounging in the sun or paddle boarding with some friends. The river walk is also a great way to walk or take a jog to get some fresh air and unwind.

8. Community Service

What love about this university is how much passion we have for causes we believe in. As a body, students do the unthinkable for great causes. Whether its collecting food to combat food insecurities in Alabama, mentoring and tutoring local students, to raising thousands of dollars for pediatric cancer, Alabama has no limits. no matter how big or small a cause may be, the student body combats any issue together and make a difference not only in their community but worldwide.

9. FOOD

heritagehousecoffeeandtea / Instagram

Just because college students are known to live off of ramen, Tuscaloosa changed the game. home of the best barbecue, coffee shops to study at, breakfast places that will make your morning sunny side up. The university has a variety of different types of food ensuring that everyone's cravings are met and that no one will go hungry. Dining halls are full options to choose from. need a dose of caffeine, Alabama is the home of one of the biggest Starbucks on a college campus in the country. We know how to study and we definitely know how to eat.

10. Success

I can't imagine what it will be like as a graduate and I don't plan on thinking about the day anytime soon. It speaks volumes on how UA is one of the best graduate programs. No matter where you go, what you do, Alabama will make sure you are prepared to conquer anything. Professors teach and care about each and every student making sure that their experience is fulfilled to the fullest. I am proud to be an Alabama student and will yell "ROLL TIDE!" till the day I die!