7 FAQs Alabama Students ALWAYS Get From Non-Alabama Students

People always have a lot to ask Alabama students. So here are seven of the most important ones.

Did you only go for the football? 

Believe it or not, people do actually attend the University of Alabama for purposes other than football. Alabama has a brilliant nursing and engineering program, as well as law school. While game day Saturdays can be insane, weekdays are a little intimidating too. Classes ranging from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., you're guaranteed to find a student running around campus, and yes I do mean running around.

Are you in a frat/sorority?

Alongside the athletics, Alabama is also known for its Greek life. The houses look like mansions, and sorority row is more like a sorority neighborhood. With over 30 fraternities and sororities, everyone has a place to fit in. Involvement in this type of lifestyle allows you to meet great people, do a lot of community service, and help with many various fundraisers and events. It's not all about the parties, you know.

What does "Roll Tide" even mean? 

To be honest, I didn't know for a while. I mean come on. You have an elephant as a mascot, call the school "crimson tide," but yell out "Roll Tide." Yeah, it didn't make sense to me either. Luckily, here's your history lesson of the day. Think of it like a day on the beach and you see the tide rolling in. You quickly get up and move your belongings. Now take that to the football field. When you see the Alabama Crimson Tide rolling in on the field, you better move your stuff and get out the way because you've got a big storm coming.

Is there even anything to do in the state of Alabama?

A lot of people want to know, if you aren't watching football, then what are you even doing? Alabama as a state has plenty to do. From its beautiful landscape to downtown art. You won't get bored. Also, there are plenty of places to shop and eat a good, real southern cooked meal.

How do you get from class to class?

As a freshman, I thought there's no way I'm going to be able to get from one part of Alabama's campus to another. Luckily, there are buses and golf carts that can take you from class to class. Even though the school is huge, most classes are with each other. The most time you could spend walking to class is about 15 minutes. So, getting from class to class is not stressful at all, as long as you made your schedule accordingly.

How often do you see Nick Saban?

This was a question I hope I could answer and say "all time!" before attending here. Saban and many other star football players are hoped to be seen by many at Alabama. Sadly Nick Saban is never on campus. He's probably busy conducting an important football team or something...

What if Alabama wasn't National Champions?

This isn't even a question. The day Alabama loses will probably be one of the saddest days on campus. Professors, students and especially the athletes will not be coming out if their houses. Growing up an Alabama fan, you would think that my love for this team would have reached it is maximum capacity. Now that I am officially a student, my love continues to grow. I honestly couldn't imagine attending here an watching the Crimson Tide lose a national championship. What a grim day that would be.

Through all the stereotypes and questions, I am so proud to call myself a student at the University of Alabama. Even though this isn't every question asked, these are just a few common ones. Like we say in the south, God Bless and Roll Tide.