Twenty-One Years Ago Today

Twenty-One Years Ago Today

Twenty-one years ago today, the world was forever changed as this amazing guy came into it. And today, my world is forever being changed by this guy who never fails to make me happy.

176
Twenty-One Years Ago Today
Photo by Gracie Dougherty

Well, twenty-one years ago today, the world was truly blessed with one absolutely amazing guy. When I say the world was truly blessed, I mean that - I am so confident in that.

This guy, he's special. He's so incredibly special that I am struggling to find the words to even describe him. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever be able to find the words to adequately describe the beauty of this guy's soul.

He's perfectly thoughtful, he's wonderfully gracious, he's beautifully kind. And the best part? He's mine. He's all mine. And I couldn't possibly be happier.

Think of the happiest moment of your life. Think of the song that makes you happiest. Think of the movie, the book, the TV show, the artist. Think of all the little things that make you feel like you couldn't be happier. Now, think of all those happy things combined. Got it? Do you have that picture of pure happiness and joy in your mind? Well, think of that pure happiness happening every single second of every single day. That's my life with this guy - happiness. And joy. Pure and utter happiness and joy.

And along with happiness, there's love. There's so, so much love. With this guy, every moment is one full of unconditional love and happiness. It's beautiful, it's amazing, and it's my life. It's our life - and I am so thankful.

When I met him, it was no longer about me. It was no longer about him. It became about us and that's how I want it to be forever. Us is my favorite thing to be. It's not just him, it's not just me - it's us now. How great is that?

Life can be crazy, life can be hard, life can be full of ups and downs. But the best part of it all is that life will be with him.

Twenty-one years ago today, the world was forever changed as this amazing guy came into it. And today, my world is forever being changed by this guy who never fails to make me happy. I'm so jealous that the world got to experience life with him in it longer than I have, but I'm so grateful that I get the next twenty-one years. And the twenty-one after that, and the twenty-one after that. Well, I get forever. And that sounds pretty dang good to me.

Nate, I hope you know how special you are. I hope you know how beautiful your soul is, how kind your heart is, and how sweet your love is. I hope you know how appreciated you are and I hope you know how proud I am of everything you do. I hope you know how happy you make me and I hope you know how much you've changed my life.

Nate, I hope you know how much I love you and I hope you know how grateful I am to have you forever.

Nate, happy birthday. Here's to you, the most special guy. Cheers to your twenty-one years.