Twelve Things To Do Independently

Twelve Things To Do Independently

A list for people who often forget about themselves.

1044

Sometimes I feel like I'm so concerned with trying to fill my days by interacting with people. I often feel like I have spent too much time with others than I do with myself. I sometimes forget to take a step back from my life and actually focus on myself. Giving yourself quality time is a great way to recharge your mind and yourself.

Everybody needs to get up and book a date with themselves every now and then. So get over your fear of being seen solo and really treat yourself alone. Don't be a passenger in your life. Take control of all the endless possibilities you were born to do. Design your life the way you want it to look. Focus on what you would like to manifest and bring it to life!

Here are twelve different ways to truly do things on your own and independently!

1. Make a list of how you want to feel.

This is a great way to detox all the negative thoughts that are occurring inside your head. Reflect on what has been bothering you lately. Understand your mistakes and flaws. After understanding your flaws, accept them. If you don't like a certain flaw you have, write it down on your list. After writing down all the negative thoughts, write down words that make you feel happy. Try to follow your happy words by replacing them with the negative feelings you have been having. This will make you become more optimistic and wise.

2. Read a book, magazine, or even your favorite chapter from your favorite book.

Reading is the best source of forgetting the outside world. Just for a little bit, you feel like you are inside the story and you are one of the characters. It feels like you can be anyone you want and be anywhere you want to be.

3. Wake up early and drive down to the beach to see the sunrise.

Even if you don't live by a beach, just wake up and place a chair outside your driveway and watch the sunrise bloom onto the morning sky. Bring a blanket and a nice cup of warm coffee out to the driveway and just indulge in the beauty of the sun rising into the sky. It is absolutely breathtaking and even meditating. You will kick off your day in the happiest mood ever.

4. Rearrange your room.

Clean out your closet, drawers, and table tops. Move around some furniture to spice up the look of your room. Maybe add your favorite flowers in a nice pretty vase to make you feel extra happy. Declutter your room and declutter your mind. Try to make yourself more organized.

5. Donate old books, clothes, and unwanted things to charity.

Give away things that you don't want anymore to someone that really needs it. Share your things with others that are not fortunate enough to have nice things. It warms my heart when I give away my own things to others because I know that person will cherish those items forever.

6. Ride a bike around town.

Feel the breeze and enjoy the outdoors. Soak up the sun and breathe in the fresh air. Maybe ride to a nearby trail or park. Bring a book with you and sit down beneath a tree. Lay right into the grass. Be one with nature and be one with yourself. This essentially creates an open mind and gives you more of a free independent spirit.

7. Take yourself out to a nice brunch.

Go to your local hot spot and pig out on a nice brunch. Do this once a month or even once a week! Treat yourself to a nice meal, even if it is by yourself. Enjoy the place, the atmosphere, and the food of course!

8. Send a handwritten letter to a friend.

Do something outside the box and write a handwritten letter to a close friend. Instead of texting or emailing a note, send a nicely written note to them. Even if they live right next door.

9. Don't use your phone for a whole day.

Detox from social media and the outside world for awhile. Get away from the drama, people, and life for just a little bit. Focus on yourself and just yourself.

10. Spa day.

Try on a fresh face mask and soak in a nice warm bubble bath. Add some candles and a nice book. Or even play some nice cozy music. Paint your nails and groom yourself. The most important thing you can do for yourself is to take care of yourself: on the inside and the outside.

11. Go to a club, gig, or local bar and dance like crazy.

Throw on a pretty dress, some sparkly shoes, and dance the night away! Let loose and feel the moment. Live your life in the most spectacular way. Put yourself out there and get out of your comfort zone. Feel alive within the music and the atmosphere.

12. Spend a day at a museum or art gallery.

First, put your phone away. Try to not gain any distractions and just focus on the art. Reflect on different pieces and ask yourself how that piece makes you feel. Try to find happiness within yourself and the art.

These are just twelve different ways to really spend time with yourself. Spending time with yourself will only create a better you. Opening up your mind to the endless possibilities will help you be more receptive to new concepts and ideas on living your own life. Do something daily to pamper yourself and create a healthier you. Reprogram negative and unhealthy choices by filling your mind with positive outlooks. And most importantly, treat yourself with kindness.