The Truth Behind Transferring Colleges Halfway Through The Year

It is NOT as hard as you may think

1456
My photos

No matter how badly I hoped the college I was previously attending to be where I would stay for four years... it just wasn't going to happen.

If you make a pros and cons list of the school you are currently attending, and the cons list is two pages long, YOU NEED TO TRANSFER.

You really have to experience at least a semester at the college or university you're currently at in order to understand if it's really for you or not. If you don't think you could do one more semester at the current university (with all of those cons) then leave.

I know what you're thinking, "But I already bought so many sweatshirts from here, everyone in my family and all my friends know I'm here, I've already made so many friends, I have already done so much here.." You are second guessing yourself. Stop. You will be able to do all of that and more at your new school!

It is much easier to transfer schools mid-year (prior to the start of spring semester) than to finish out the year, because as many will know, your credits may not transfer. Once you have been accepted as a new student for the spring semester, that is half the battle. The transferring of credits is simple: all you have to do is request a transcript to be sent to the university you will be attending in the spring and the future university will have your credits in no time.

Moving everything to your new school truly isn't that bad! It's another move-in day! I find them to be exciting! It's a whole new start at a whole new school. Yes, you may have to learn a whole new campus, but you will get the hang of it once you're there for at least a week. Give it some time.

Before ya know it, you will be BEYOND happy that you have made such an incredible decision to transfer schools.

Take my word and meet people and get involved!

Best of luck out there!

From Your Site Articles