Trump Supporters Actually Want To Take Away Women's Right To Vote
Politics

I didn't even want to believe it, but it's true

14
Topsy

I literally cannot believe the world I live in currently.

A study was done by Nate Silver, a writer for the website "Five Thirty-Eight", that counted up votes for the election of men and women separately. The conclusion was if only women voted Hilary Clinton would win and if only men did, Trump would. Do you want to know some people responded????

-"@NateSilver538 Women are not fit for politics. #RepealThe19th."

-"If women are the only thing stopping the Greatest President this country has ever seen-why not? #RepealThe19th..."

and it wasn't just men!

-"I would be willing to give up my right to vote to make this happen. #RepealThe19th."

My reaction?

LITERALLY LISTEN UP MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

I literally can't even calm down enough to explain why this is fucked up. I am livid and shaking and sickened and betrayed. I want to go up to these people individually and reteach them all the things they should have learned in elementary school about the fight for women's rights. I want to teach them. I really shouldn't have to though! I mean the lady in the last tweet clearly states why this hashtag wrong. "...my right to vote..." she said. She understands the fact that WE HAVE A RIGHT TO VOTE! After all of the shit the women of our past went through so that we could vote, especially all of the black women that marched for me, and she's willing to give it up?????

Can someone please help me explain this in a way that people will understand? I mean, honestly, why are people still being raised in such a way where this is still an issue? Gods, what will it take? I am tired. I am angry, pissed, I'm getting murderous, and I'm running out of ways to contain the beast that so desperately wants to rip the throats from the fools that say things like this. But, I digress.

I am so past the point of respecting the opinions of others that dehumanize and devalue others lives, identities, and existence.

But there is good news in this.

WOMEN CAN STOP TRUMP. We have the power, you saw the statistics. I encourage you to vote, even if you think this election doesn't affect you (which, duh, it does as someone who lives in the US) think about someone it may affect. Think about undocumented peoples and their children. Think about all the black men that have been shot by the police. Think about the LGBTQIA+ community. Trump has made it worse by unearthing a legion of hidden monsters that are against the majority of the population here. I want the US to continue growing and I want it to move past it's violent, genocidal, racist, sexist, classist, ignorant, homophobic past. As the Queen Michelle Obama has said...

...so let's use that power.