I Met My Boyfriend On Bumble

Yes, It Really Was Love At First Swipe

It took only one "right" swipe.

370
Yes, It Really Was Love At First Swipe
Nacha Promsatian

Yes, the word is out, I met my boyfriend on Bumble. Y'all, I've been lying to my family for a solid minute so it feels good to come clean.

For those who don't know what Bumble is, I congratulate you. I'm assuming you're either one—already in a very solid relationship with your human or two—you stuck with the traditional ways of meeting another person in the world. Either way, I'm proud of you but who actually meets a person real life nowadays.

Bumble is a dating app, very much like Tinder except it's a level up where people don't immediately assume you're on there to have hookups. On Tinder, you swipe left on someone that you're uninterested in and you swipe right if you are, Bumble is the same. If they also have swiped right for you, you guys "match." When you match, the woman has 24 hours to text her match before her match's profile disappears.

I almost lost my match but he extended his time and thank the universe he did.

Yes, that is also a feature on the app. One can extend their time, giving me more time to advance. In my defense, I wasn't really on the app so I probably didn't even mean to ignore him at all. If he hadn't extended his time I would have missed out on meeting one of the nicest and coolest people I now know.

I was a little uncomfortable at first telling people we met on the internet. This is because meeting someone on there is still looked down upon. Online dating used to be seen as the last attempt to find your soulmate. It was seen as a move of desperation so you'd hide these types of acts from the world. The whole idea of love also comes with the idea of how and where you meet them. The first thing my friends always ask me is "how did you meet him?"

We associate the idea of "finding love" with places we meet our supposed soulmates or how we meet them. Was it in a grocery store when you guys were grabbing the same block of cheese? (OK now that's an ideal situation) Or was it when you made awkward eye contact at a house party? Anything thing is better than meeting online, am I right?

This is because the media portrays it this way. The perfect "how we met story" is always something unexpected and somewhat magical. I'm sure plenty people in the world have had these moments but living your life expecting things to happen exactly like in the movies is setting yourself up for failure.

When I tell others I met my boyfriend on Bumble, all of a sudden my relationship seemed invalid as if it's not going to work out. I met my boyfriend unexpectedly on Bumble and it's been effin' magical.

He has been one of the most supportive people in my life. This man brought me tacos and coffee during finals week to make sure I was well fed and awake. He encourages me to work harder, study harder and he doesn't question my academic choices when I tell him I'm an anthropology student. He also washes my dishes, if you know me, you know I hate washing dishes. Just because I met him on a dating app shouldn't make him any less of a person I would consider spending my life with.

I'm not saying that all relationships online will work out, I'm saying ALL relationships in general, whether if you met online or in real life sometimes don't work out. The fact that I met my partner online shouldn't make it any less likely that it would work out. We did meet in real life and we clicked, it's as basic as that.

There are probably more fuckboys and man-babies online because that is the culture today but there's also plenty in real life as well. In both scenarios, you have to weed out the worst to find one solid person. In my case, I found myself a freaking gem.

From Your Site Articles