Tradition Has Been 'Trump'ed

January 20th, 2017. What started out as a normal day of work or school for some later gave way to one of the most extraordinary events in American history. Donald John Trump, who was elected the 45th President of the United States back on November 8th, was sworn into office. There has not been a more polarizing election that I can recall in recent years than this one. There is no lukewarm reception to Trump; people either love him or hate him. There are those who would say that given his business background, his election will finally stimulate job growth and help boost an economy that has suffered of late. Then there are others who will say that his "bratty" attitude will lead us to World War III. Many are ready for a real change:

Trump, having no prior political experience, is looked at as a wild card in the Oval Office. Someone who will shake up the stale, monotonous state of politics. Someone who will look out for the people instead of the "establishment." Others fear that Trump will take away their healthcare, their benefits, their liberty even. Detractors will say Trump looks to deport all of those who are not of American heritage, that he is nothing but a xenophobe. Almost immediately after the inauguration was over, riots begin in Washington DC. Fires, broken windows, and for what? Fear? Hatred? We all fear the unknown sometimes, and yes, there are some people who we dislike, but destroying businesses and causing mass chaos is no way to handle your fear or your hatred. What happened to unity? What happened to American pride? When did this nation become less We the People and more Me the Person?

Like it or not, Donald Trump is OUR President! Do you disagree? That's fine; there are plenty of other countries for you to call home if this one doesn't suit your tastes. Like it or not, change is here; Trump is here. We can either deal with it and move on with our lives or we can cry about it in some "cry room" and throw a fit like a little kid whose tricycle got taken away. If you are against Trump, I pray that you can eventually deal with your bitterness and help bring this nation forward into a new era of prosperity and unity.