The 10 Best Netflix Shows And Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now

"Netflix and Chill" has a different meaning to a lot of people.

34
Cord Cutters News

"Netflix and Chill" has a different meaning to a lot of people. Yours truly likes to describe "Netflix and chill" by the event consisting of me by myself, a lot of carbs, and an endless bundle of blankets. If anybody has anything in common it would be the simple fact that we seem to spend more time looking for a show on Netflix to watch, than the actual time spent watching a show or movie. I always seem to binge watch shows and movies on Netflix and run out of shows to begin. So, if you are stuck in between shows I am here to offer some help.

Here is a short list of some of the shows I find to be the absolute best on Netflix, and maybe you will, or already do, as well.

1. The Office

Let's just get right into it, The Office is a classic. If you haven't already watched this entire show it covers the daily lives of employees in a paper company and the boss is Michael Scott, who is played by Steve Carell. The series also tugs on the heart strings of the viewers by giving an amazing love story between the secretary, Pam Beesly, and one of the salesmen, Jim Halpert. I don't want give too much information about this series, but trust me, you'll be in tears from laughter and tears of joy.

2. Wentworth

Wentworth is an awesome show that first reminded me of Orange is the new Black. With that being said, this series is quite different from OITNB. The storyline is much different and it is always packed with action and mystery. This series is a four-season show on Netflix that covers the life of female prisoners in Australia. The main character is known as Bea Smith who is sent to prison for the attempted murder of her husband. The show shows challenges that Bea goes through with the prison system and the friends, and enemies, she makes along the way. Definitely worth the watch and you'll be binge watching before you know it.

3. Sense8

This series is classified as a drama and captures the special and unique bond and similarities between eight individuals. These individuals each have a special ability to see and put themselves in the other eight indiviudual's shoes. They can connect through thoughts and actions and while they are all out to seek answers to their questions, they come across some battles that takes all of their abilities to conquer. This show is full of unpredictable outcomes and the plot is amazing.

4. Jessica Jones

Easily one of the best shows I have watched on Netflix. The storyline of this series follows a young private investigator named Jessica Jones. Not only is Jones an investigator, she was also a superhero before she began her investigation agency. She suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder and wants to do well in the world but saving the world is not at the top of her list. Throughout the series she forms a love interest with a popular character named Luke Cage and they ttake on some battles together.

5. Stranger Things

If you have not watched this series I am almost certain youo have heard about it by now. I started this series one day around 10 a.m. and I was able to finish the first season in that day. I found myself hooked on the story line and wanting to continue watching. This series takes place in Indianna in 1983 and follows the story of three young boys who are on a quest to find their missing friend. Throughout the series they find a different individual who they call "Eleven." The show is action-packed and one that sci-fi lovers will be addicted to.

6. Love

This series is a comedy and follows the life of two individuals who just can't catch a break. The show features an awkward male who isn't so lucky with ladies, but gives it his all. The show also features a girl who lives a lifestyle of doing her own thing and not getting attached to anything or anyone, except her cat named Grandpa. The two individuals cross paths one day at a convenient store and it sparks a snowball of events that I don't want to spoil for anyone.

7. Orange is the new Black

You have probably seen this series and hopefully you liked it. This series captures the life and struggles of Piper Chapman after she is prosectured and taken into custody with drug charges. The series shows the life of female prisoners in American prison and is full of excitement. The show has moments that are funny, moments that will make you angry, and definitely parts where you will cry. The show will leave you wanting more each episode and the seasons will leave you on cliff-hangers and wanting to make countdowns to the next season.

8. Luke Cage

I mentioned Luke Cage earlier when I was discussing Jessica Jones. Luke Cage is a male who is basically invincible and has super strength. This series shows Harlem and the dark side of the town. Cage is a handyman at a barbershop for one of the most well-known and respected men in Harlem who is known as Pops. After trying trying to stay in the shadows and maintain a quiet life, Cage is suddenly finding himself in the middle of a battle to protect the city after deception in the city council has taken place. Currently, only one season is available on netflix and even just that one season is action-packed and full of drama that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

9. The Road Within

The Road Within is a movie available on netflix that really caught my attention and made me think of all of the individuals around my age who would like this movie. The movie follows a young man named Vincent who suffers from Tourette's trip to a rehabilitation center with other people his age who have similar quirks. Vincent rooms with Alex, who suffers from severe OCD. As the movie goes on Vincent forms a bond with a girl named Marie who suffers from anorexia. The three form an unusual friendship and ends up with the three of them fleeing from the rehab center in the director of the rehab facility's car on a quest for Vincent to bring and spread the ashes of his beloved mother to and on the ocean. The movie takes a turn when Vincent's srtict and authoritative father chases after him with the director of the rehab center, who don't get along. At the end, the three of the friends make it to the ocean when all of a sudden, Marie collapses and everything seems to go badly, how will it end?

10. In Your Eyes

This is a movie on netflix for the romance geeks out there like myself. If you're looking for a good romance movie, look no further. This movie captures the amazing ability of two young individuals named Rebecca and Dylan. The two live on opposite coasts of the united states and have the ability to see and feel what the other person experiences. It started at a young age and they didn't know what or how until they were both adults and it happened again. The two begin to bond over the out-of-this-world experience and begin to form a relationship that neither can resist. After Rebecca's husband decides she's been acting different and should be placed in a rehabilitation center, Dylan goes across the country to save her and start a life with her. His trip won't be easy by any means and he may not even make it. You'll have to watch the movie to find out what happens..