Top 10 Stand Up Comedians To Watch On Netflix

These are a MUST.

465
Comedy Central

Netflix, the holy grail of everything television and movies. Endless hours of any genre to bring us nonstop entertainment for any occasion. In my eyes, comedies, especially stand-up, are the ultimate genre because comedy can contain almost every emotion into one. Comedians can make you happy, they can make you angry, they can educate you, but most importantly they can make you laugh. This is where Netflix succeeds by bringing you so many stand-up specials that you can spend the rest of your life on your couch watching them until you laugh yourself to death. The problem is that there are so many comedians on Netflix it's hard to know who to watch. So to help you bring the most laughs possible, here are the top 10 comedians on Netflix right now.

10. Richard Pryor

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 2

When people ask "who has made the biggest impact on modern comedy?" you're going to hear the name Richard Pryor. He paved the way for what stand-up comedy is today and is a major influence for many famous comedians. He is a true genius of his trade and after watching his stand-up you'll easily see why he is considered a legend. Even though he has passed on, he will always be remembered and will be making us laugh till the end of time.

9. Sam Kinison

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 2

Just like Richard Pryor, Sam Kinison is another comedy legend who's life was taken too early. After hearing his raunchy routine you would never have guessed he used to be a preacher before turning to stand-up. He is intense, charismatic, and will leave your stomach hurting from laughing so hard. His signature act in his stand-up is picking a guy in the audience who's been screwed over by an ex-girlfriend and Sam will call her in front of thousands of people and lets just say the woman isn't too happy by the time the call ends.

8. Jimmy Carr

Number Netflix specials: 1

Jimmy Carr is the master of the one-liner joke. If those kind of jokes hold a special place in your heart than you cannot miss this stand-up! His material is definitely dirty and he always keeps you excited to hear the next joke. Not only does he do one-liner jokes, he is famous for taking on and destroying anyone who tries to heckle him. If you give him a watch, you wont regret it.

7. John Mulaney

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 2

At first glance, John Mulaney looks like the nice quiet guy who looks like he has nothing interesting to talk about. Never judge a book by its cover because John's stories about his life are full of nonstop craziness and hilarity. If you want fresh material that isn't vulgar or full politics and just want a good time, you've found your Netflix pick for the night.

6. Jim Gaffigan

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 5

I haven't come across a single person who has seen Jim Gaffigan's stand-up and wasn't addicted to his comedy immediately afterwards. With 5 stand-ups on Netflix, no wonder why he's considered one of the greats. He's probably one of the cleanest comedians out there, so if you don't like dirty material you're most likely a Gaffigan kind of person.

5.)\ Bill Burr

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 4

This man is going down in the comedy hall of fame without a doubt! He is aggressive and will get loud, but it only adds to the perfection of his act. He keeps it real, and you're able to relate to a lot of his material. Luckily for us, there are 4 of his stand-ups on Netflix, giving us hours of entertainment.

4. Hannibal Buress

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 4

If you don't know the name Hannibal Buress, you should! He may act awkward on stage and have a unique style of comedy, but those two things combine to create comedy gold. He has a slower pace to his act which is perfect if you want to sit back, chill, relax, and laugh. Definitely a must watch.

3. Bo Burnham

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 2

Bo Burnham is one of the most talented people I have ever seen. His acts are choreographed pefectly from beginning to end, never without a joke every couple seconds. His act is mostly him performing musical comedy songs, which are very clever, funny, and can actually make you feel a lot more emotion than just being funny. In between songs he'll tell you jokes, read comedic poems he made, and do goofy skits that just catch you off guard (in a good way). After seeing his stand-up you're going to be looking for tickets for when he comes to town.

2. Louis C.K.

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 5

Number two on my list goes to the one and only Louis C.K. After watching him perform all you can do is say "wow, I need to watch another one of his stand-ups right now". He is a true legend of comedy. His dark and realistic view on life makes you connect to his comedy on a deeper level. There is never a joke that falls flat and watching him push the boundaries on what is safe to say is always entertaining. Do not miss out on Louie. I repeat, do not miss his stand-up.

1. Jim Jeffries

Number of stand-ups on Netflix: 2

I think this man should be the President ( He's Australian, so he can't, but I wish he wasn't). Jim Jeffries is number one on my list because he can turn any political or controversial issue and make it the funniest thing you've ever heard. He just doesn't make it funny, but he takes on the topic in an intelligent and reasonable manner that makes you think just as much as he makes you laugh. Warning: You may be seriously addicted to Jim Jeffries after watching him perform. I promise you that if you can take a joke you will love his stand-up.