My Top 10 Romance Movies from Netflix

My Top 10 Romance Movies from Netflix

Just in time for the season of love

78
My Top 10 Romance Movies from Netflix
seekingalpha.com

It is Valentine's season. The time to spend time with your significant others or a time to just hang out with your friends and wallow in your singleness. I mean that's what I plan to do. One thing I will definitely still do is binge watch romance movies. It's one of my favorite things to do when you can really see the love in the air around this time of the year. I decided to make my list from movies on Netflix because a lot of people are going to be Netflix and Chilling with bae. Without further ado here are my recommended romance movies on Netflix right now.

10 Things I Hate About You

Honestly one of my favorite romantic comedies. It is really funny and I love the dynamic between Julia Stiles's character and Heath Ledger's character. The movie is about two sisters with an overprotective father. The younger sister really wants to date boys but their father won't let her unless her older sister, who is not interested in dating at all, starts to date first. Then starts a scheme by a boy who likes the younger sister to set up the older sister with a guy who isn't afraid of her. Easier said than done.

The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride was one of those movies that I had not seen until I got to college, and I was reluctant to see it. But according to my friends, it is a classic that I must watch. After the first five minutes of the movie, I was hooked. The movie is about this couple who got separated in the beginning stages of their relationship and their journey back to each other, which includes a lot of adventure and action.

The Prince and Me

I think that this movie is really sweet and it kind of reflects what people who desire in real life. Haven't you ever dreamed that you were a normal college student who met and fell in love with another normal college student, who turns out to really be royalty, but still loves you and won't let you go? Well, we might not have all had that dream but at least it makes a good movie to watch.

Leap Year

I really like this movie because I think it has a unique plot. In the movie, it is traditional that women can propose on February 29th of a leap year in Dublin. Things aren't going as planned for the main character in her relationship so she decides to follow her fiancé to Dublin in order to propose to him herself. She encounters some problems along the way and has to hire a guy to help her get to Dublin. I love their dynamic through the movie ad I think that this is a must watch.

How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days

This movie is hilarious and considered a classic. The movie is about a woman who writes for a magazine. Her new assignment is an experiment to start dating a guy and then use all the things that women do wrong in relationships to lose him. Little does she know that the guy she chose has been challenged by his boss to make a girl fall in love with him. It is like the ultimate battle of the sexes and it's fun to watch them duke it out.

Clueless

Clueless is one of those classic movies that a lot of people have seen. It's an adaptation of Jane Austen's Emma set in the modern world of Beverly Hills. This movie is a good one to watch if you want a few laughs and it is a truly feel good movie.

Beauty and the Briefcase

This movie, which is a version of Beauty and the Beast and I like how different it. It is about a girl whose dream has been to work for a certain magazine. When she finally gets her foot in the door of the magazine her first assignment is to find love in the business world, that she has never been a part of, using her checklist she uses for potential guys. The problem comes when she starts to fall for a guy outside of the business world. The question is will she lose her one chance to work at her dream magazine or fall for someone unexpected?

Bridget Jones's Diary

This is another classic romantic comedy in my opinion and it is truly hilarious. The movie is about a woman who is unlucky especially in her love life. As soon as she decides to turn her life around she ends up in a love triangle with her boss who she thinks is the perfect guy and a man that she can't stand and who can't stand her. Her journey to try and find love is really good and I personally love the choice she makes in the end.

My Fake Fiance

I really like this movie. Usually, if I'm bored and I see it pop up on Netflix, I would watch it instead of ignoring it. The movie follows a woman who losing all of her belongings in a move and a guy who is in serious debt. The two of them strongly dislike each other but decide to embark on a scheme where they become fake fiancées with each other, and the deal is that she will get the wedding gifts and he will get the money. Things get increasingly more complicated the closer they get to their fake wedding date.

Twilight

Everyone knows Twilight and I know that many people have mixed feelings about this movie series. But the truth is that you might feel differently about it since the hype around it is basically over. Honestly, it is a really good book and movie series once you give it a chance and not having to deal with the hoards of screaming teenage girls all the time might make you change your opinion on the movie once you see it.

These are my romance movies recommendations from Netflix. Obviously, I have way more favorite romance movies, but these are some of the ones from Netflix that I like. I hope you enjoy these movies and have a good Valentine's Day.