Top 10 Things To Do On Green Beer Day

Top 10 Things To Do On Green Beer Day

It's almost as great as Christmas.

59
Top 10 Things To Do On Green Beer Day
Journal-News

Green Beer Day started in 1952 and has since become one of the most beloved Miami traditions. Students wake up at 2 a.m. to start the festivities with the intention of turning both their tongues and their livers green. To make sure you have the best Green Beer Day ever, be sure to follow the following advice.

1. Wake up at 2 a.m.

Green Beer Day is like Christmas for college students. Once the day finally arrives, it can be hard to get any sleep due to all the excitement. Waking up at 2 a.m is the perfect time to get the day started.Your excitement will help you power through because who needs sleep anyway. After all, it's hard to drink all day if you don't start early.

2. Wear as much green as humanly possible.

If it's green it should be on your body. I personally am a fan of wearing enough green beads and shot glass necklaces that it looks like I am celebrating Mardi Gras in New Orleans instead of Green Beer Day in Oxford, Ohio. Any St. Patrick's Day accessories that you own can also be worn as well. You finally have an excuse to re-wear your Irish flag headband, thank God.

3. Wear a custom made T-shirt.

Part of the fun of GBD is scouring the internet for the best shirts made by college students for college students. Every year brings new designs and themes like this years Trump shirts and DJ Khaled's keys to success.

4. Eat green eggs.

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start your day off the right way with some green eggs. The green food coloring will most certainly help you to get in the mood. Bonus points if you enjoy some green ham as well.

5. Pop bottles.

Enjoying a mimosa with your green eggs and ham is the perfect way to start off your morning. Popping a bottle open will also help you get into the swing of things

6. Head over to Brick Street.

Once you've had your fill of green beer and Andre, heading over to Brick Street for a trash can is a great way to cap off the morning.

7. Do a keg stand.

With kegs of green beer at every single party in sight, GBD is the perfect opportunity to check something off of your college bucket list. Just make sure you have a couple of friends around to hold your legs up for you.

8. Leave a party right as its getting busted,

GBD is notorious for extra security on campus. After all, having parties on every corner is the perfect opportunity for someone to get a little too rowdy. There's nothing like dipping out of a party right before chaos ensues and people start to panic.

9. Get some breakfast and nap.

Heading over to Pattersons or to Harris Dining hall for something to eat after a long morning of drinking is key to your day. Not only will anything you eat be delicious, but it will also prep you for an amazing mid-morning nap that will allow you to spend the rest of your day out.

10. Drink until your tongue is green.

Between the green eggs, green mimosas, green beer and trashcans, it won't take long for your tongue to be as green as a shamrock. Not only is it a badge of honor, but it is a sign that you did green beer day correctly, and really enjoyed yourself.