Top 10 Fashion Trends of 2019

Top 10 Fashion Trends of 2019

Everything eventually comes back into style. Check out the top trends of this year!

72

"Fashion you can buy, but style you possess. The key to style is learning who you are, which takes years. There's no how-to road map to style. It's about self-expression and, above all, attitude." — Iris Apfel

While this is very true, knowing what's trendy and fashionable is half the battle. From those trends, choose what you like and make it your own. This, in a nutshell, is your road map to style. Not only that but having the confidence to wear things. Please remember that no matter what size you are, you are beautiful and can rock anything you have the confidence to wear. Never let fear keep you from strutting in a bitchin' pair of heels.

With that, here are this year's top fashion trends:

1. Midi Skirts

Nasty Gal

Skirts, in general, have been a big hit this year, but midi skirts have officially stolen the show. This satin midi skirt is now sold in all different patterns and styles by a multitude of retailers. Everyone has taken their own approach at the midi skirt and consumers are eating it up. These skirts can be paired with various options and can be dressed up as well as dressed down to be worn casually. The midi skirt is a versatile, classy, and timeless item.

2. Bike Shorts

Free People

I think it's safe to say we were all a little hesitant when bike shorts came back into style. Bike shorts, although still questionable by most, can be a comfortable and trendy option. Pair these with an oversized tee, a crop top, or even a bra top with a fun jacket. Any way you choose to style them, these shorts are a cute, casual, and comfy option.

3. Hair Accessories

Free People

Hair accessories have become increasingly popular this year. Although accessorizing can be extra work, or an extra step, a lot are not willing to take the time for, it can really transform your style.

Here are the hair accessory trends you should look into:

- Hair Scarves

- Scrunchies

- Decorated Bobby Pins

- Headbands

- Bows

- Hair Barrettes & Clips

4. Asymmetrical Necklines

Pretty Little Thing

Who needs symmetry? Get outside the box and pick up a piece with an asymmetrical neckline. These pieces are anything but simple and extremely stylish.

5. The Classic Blazer

Nordstrom

Women's blazers have become a spectacular addition to any outfit. Whether you're going to a professional interview or dinner with some girlfriends, this jacket can be dressed up or down. These types of pieces make for the best purchases because you can actually get great use out of them. Just make sure the colors in your blazer are adaptable and versatile to wear with various outfits and go with the colors you typically wear. This is essential if you want to optimize the amount of use it gets. Otherwise, go crazy and pick up a blazer that's a statement piece in your wardrobe. Either way, this is the perfect fashion piece for all my boss babes out there!

6. Anything Animal Print

Free People

Whether it's leopard, cheetah, cow, zebra, tiger, crocodile, or snakeskin, the wild prints are back and thriving. These fun and bold prints make great statement pieces and great additions to your everyday wardrobe.

7. Bustier Bodysuits

Urban Outfitters

Bustier bodysuits have become a staple clothing item in women's wardrobes everywhere. Ranging from satin, to lace, and other luxurious materials, these bodysuits can be beautifully paired with denim jeans or a skirt. They are easy to wear and can be dressed up or dressed down. Nonetheless, they can be worn with taste and class, putting a feminine flare on an otherwise plain outfit.

8. Leather

Urban Outfitters

Just like a denim jacket, doesn't everyone need a staple leather jacket? A leather jacket is not only a statement piece, but classic. It is a classic item that every man and woman needs in their wardrobe. I mean, who doesn't look and feel like a total badass wearing a leather jacket? Make the much-needed investment and find yourself a stylish jacket of your own.

9. Plaid

Urban Outfitters

Plaid is everywhere. Whether it's this classic black and white gingham pattern, or multi-colored plaid pattern, they are all great additions to your closet. Plaid is classy, sophisticated, flirty, and fun!

10. Cozy Outerwear

Urban Outfitters

Honestly, who doesn't love a cozy jacket?

I'd like to note that with all of these trends, pieces can be found no matter how small your budget is. Therefore, my best advice is to do your research prior to shopping for such additions to your wardrobe. Always make sure whatever you're paying reflects the quality of the item you're purchasing.

I hope this article was both informative and inspiring! Go get your retail-therapy on!

From Your Site Articles