My Top 10 Best From The 2016 NFL Draft

My Top 10 Best From The 2016 NFL Draft

Who took my number one during this weekend's draft? Read to find out!

16
My Top 10 Best From The 2016 NFL Draft
ABC Action News

This past weekend was the NFL Draft. I am here to give you my top ten picks from the weekend.

10. Pharoh Cooper – LA Rams – WR

The Rams will be welcomed back to Los Angeles this year, hoping that Pharoh Cooper can bring his big play ability to Hollywood. Why is Pharoh Cooper so high on this list? Well, while at South Carolina, Cooper had nothing but big play ability. The Rams need some speed and agility in their receiving core and could use a player like Cooper, who can provide that kind of skill set.

9. Laremy Tunsil – Miami Dolphins – OT

The Dolphins took a risk with this pick. But, if Tunsil pans out to be what we expect and have seen from him at Ole Miss, he will be a force to reckoned with. Tunsil’s dominance at the line is an important factor to his game and hopefully, his off-the-field struggles will pass him by.

8. Ezekiel Elliott – Dallas Cowboys – RB

The Cowboys drafted Elliott fourth overall. He put up big numbers in college and stepped up at the right times for Ohio State during his career. But, in my personal opinion, I saw too many downsides to his game that will hurt him at the next level. For example, Elliott has complained about how many carries he has gotten in games, he has also played in a very weak league (the Big Ten).

7. Leonard Floyd – Chicago Bears – OLB

Floyd was drafted ninth overall by the Bears in hopes he will be a vital force on their defense this year. At the University of Georgia, Floyd busted onto the scene as a starter during his Freshmen year. Floyd made plays during his career that I could not believe sometimes. As a Georgia fan, I enjoyed every time I got the chance to watch Floyd and hope he does well with the Bears.

6. Laquon Treadwell – Minnesota Vikings – WR

The Vikings really needed a great wideout for Teddy Bridgewater to throw to, I think they found their guy. Treadwell did some major work for Ole Miss during his career. Despite his prior injuries he will be a great addition for the Vikings next year; he will be their leading receiver by the end of this coming season.

5. Derrick Henry – Tennessee Titans – RB

The Heisman Trophy winner will make an impact immediately for the Titans this coming season. Henry is much like the Packers running back, Eddie Lacey, a big back who can grind out yardage and be a true running-back. I think if Henry is put in a multi back system he will show his dominance, mainly because he will be rested and ready to go. I never saw a bad moment for Henry during college — he always ran like his hair was on fire.

4. Jalen Ramsey – Jacksonville Jaguars – FS

Ramsey is another player who will make an instant impact in the NFL. Ramsey was a true leader on the Florida State defense and helped lead them to a National Championship and undefeated regular season the next year. Ramsey can do it all, and the Jaguars need a player on defense who can truly “Do It All.”

3. Joey Bosa – San Diego Chargers – DE

The Chargers drafted the best player on the defensive line in college football this year. Bosa dominated the defensive line for years and will do the same for the Chargers. Bosa has been tested on the line at Ohio State and rarely disappointed.

2. Carson Weltz – Philadelphia Eagles – QB

Weltz is a true winner who led North Dakota State to four straight Division III National Championships. It's kind of funny that the Eagles decided to draft a quarterback after they fire their guru Chip Kelly. But hey, that isn’t my business, Weltz was the best Quarterback in this years draft and will not disappoint.

1. Vernon Hargreaves – Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB

Hargreaves, in my opinion was the best player available in this year’s draft. I watched Hargreaves during his Freshmen year at Florida and knew this guy was top tier. Mark my words, Hargreaves will be in the conversation for Rookie of the Year. The Buccaneers will not regret this pick.