To Those That Feel Lost

To Those That Feel Lost

Stop worrying, and start living.

61
To Those That Feel Lost

Stop worrying, and start living. Obviously something that is easier said than done. But in college that's what you need to do. You need to stop worrying, instead, take the initiative to find your passion. Between finding an internship, classes, finding your "perfect" match, or whatever you're dealing with, it may take some time, but you'll be okay.

You’ll find an internship.

Experience. Experience. Experience. Every person you talk to will tell you that you need to have an internship either during the summer or during school. Everyone is worried. Half of the time you apply you get rejected. There is always someone more qualified than you are. But one day, you will be the more qualified person. You will find an internship that is a perfect fit. Maybe the internships that you are getting rejected by, are leading you to your perfect fit. Don’t stop looking.

Classes feel more like a burden?

Everyone has those classes that are required for their major, but don’t necessarily have an interest in. All you can do is get through it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been there. Struggling through classes, wanting to give up because even when you study, you fail. Feeling defeated. Feeling dumb. Ask for help. College students asking for help seems to be impossible. Asking questions in front of a class of over 50 students? Ha. Trying to find a time to meet a professor during their office hours or with your busy schedule? Impossible. But is it? You find times to take naps. Times to go party. Education is important, it’s the roadway to your career. I’m not saying you need all A’s to be successful after college. But when classes feel more like a burden rather than a class, college turns to more of a load that you start to give up on. All you can do is either sit down and teach yourself, or ask for help.

Just going through the motions?

It’d be easy as hell to tell you to change your major, or to stop doing the things that make you unhappy like all of those sappy posts you see all over social media. But is life ever really that simple? No. Find your motivation. Find one thing that makes you happy. Take five minutes to study your notes. Tired? Take that nap. Want to party with friends even though you have a test the next day? Do it. Sometimes to feel something other than just going through the motions of life, you need to take a step off of your path, you need to get lost. When you feel that you are just going through the motions, you’re not truly living the life that you are meant to. You are in college. Have fun. The advice isn’t to skip class, or completely give up on school. But some days letting go, or taking a day to do what makes you happy or taking a day for yourself is needed. Even if you haven’t been doing well in school for over a year. Going through the motions in life isn’t fun. It’s draining. Do whatever you need to do, until you are happy, and living the life you are truly meant to live.

Gave up your dream?

Take some time to feel lost. Feel sad. Feel defeated. There is no going around this. Whatever that dream was. Let it go if it is truly not meant for you. Giving it up isn’t life telling you that you’re too dumb, or that you are not worthy of that career, or whatever that dream was. It’s life telling you that when one door closes, another one will open. Honestly, for awhile it may seem like all of your doors are closed. Maybe that’s life telling you to take some initiative. Maybe it’s life’s way of trying to persuade you into finding that motivation to get up, and open a door on your own. No matter how much you want to re open that door, or dream, that you originally started with, it may be locked. But a new dream, or door, is waiting for you. It may seem far away, or maybe that door is closed right now, but it’s there, the perfect fit, with a better dream meant for you behind it.

Your love life sucks?

Quit asking yourself if you are good enough. You are. Whether you’ve had countless boyfriends, or hookups, or have been single your whole life. The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, so stop wanting what you don’t have. In college, we see our peers hooking up, in relationships, getting engaged, or having kids. You’ll get there when you get there. Stop trying to rush your life. If you’re not in a relationship focus on yourself, and your happiness. You’re unhappy in your relationship? Take some time to yourself. The saying, “worry about loving yourself, instead of loving the idea of other people loving you” is a quote that every college student needs to hear. You’ll find that person who you will spend the rest of your life with. It’s not the right time yet, you’re not who you need to be yet. Focus on you, and where you want to go in life, and maybe things will start to fall into place when you least expect it.

Want to give up?

Don’t.

Religious? Give it to God and go to sleep. When life gives you more than you can stand, kneel. He is giving you obstacles that He knows you can overcome. He has a purpose for you, and even if you cannot see it as of right now, everything you are going through is leading you there. It’s hard when you can’t see it, we all know this. One quote on Pinterest is: “when I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, I used everything you gave me.” Just remember this when you’re giving everything you’ve got for something. You’re doing it for Him. You’re working towards your purpose.

Not religious? “If you were able to believe in Santa Claus for like eight years, you can believe in yourself for like five minutes.” Yes, you were a kid with high hopes at this stage. Believe in yourself. Hit rock bottom? Well that means you can only go up from here. You also have a purpose. Whatever your beliefs, you are here for a reason. You will achieve this purpose no matter the various obstacles ahead of you.

College can be a rough time for everyone. Instead of letting it constantly knocking you down, feeling defeated, get back up. Find what makes you happy and your motivation to keep going will follow.

All I can say is don’t give up, because there is something amazing waiting for you once you get through all of the obstacles your are facing right now.