To the World Leaders, have mercy to the people in East Aleppo, Syria! Hear the Cry of the Poor!
Politics

Hear the Cry of the Poor!

19

Your Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, Excellencies, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister Theresa May, Chancellor Angela Merkel, President François Hollande, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres and all the leaders of the world,

Today,

As scriptures says in Psalm 34, "The Lord hears the cry of the poor, blessed be the Lord," the people are now crying out loud to spare their lives away from violence and carnage is taken place in Syria, especially in East Aleppo. In the last few days or so, you and I witnessed a massive carnage of humanity in East Aleppo in which people are now crying their hearts out to the innocent people who are not involve in the fighting against the Assad Regime and the Free Syria Army to be spare and not to be killed or executed by the Assad Regime and also being constantly air-bombed by the Russian Air Force by destroying their town and also their lives. These people are just living their innocent lives and suddenly they are being chased down and also mowing down like animals and not a human being. As a Christian man and Catholic myself, this war and this carnage that I am seeing these days are becoming more and more pointless to point where I questioned myself, "have our leaders, ambassadors and envoys ignoring the plight of the weak and meek or have they become blind about what is going on in their surroundings in which people are killing each other?" The more I hear politicians speaking about the situation in East Aleppo, upholding the human rights and also helping them in the dire situation would benefit the people of East Aleppo, the more I become doubtful and resentful to the kind words that they are offering to these people which turns out to be false. The more that I realise that their kind words are becoming more and more doubtful to deliver these days because of the lack of competence and the overt and explicit racism that you are showing to those people that are meek and helpless. Is this what we were taught in our schools these days to become hopeless and apathetic to the weak and helpless people? Surely, we were not taught in our schools to become apathetic towards others that are meek, hopeless and vulnerable? I don't believe that our society is capable to become apathetic nor ignorant to the situation that is at hand. That is why I appeal to you, Your Majesties, Excellencies, Mr President, Mr President-elect, Prime Ministers and other leaders of the world to do something in order to stop the carnage that is present at us now. At least open your compassionate heart and soul to at least alleviate the suffering of the people so that they will not be able to partake nor see the savagery and slaughter of their people in the hands of the Syrian Army and the terrorist particularly, the Daesh or ISIS. Also, reopen the borders in Europe and the Americas to take refugees from Syria in order to restart their lives again. Finally, I am pleading to Your Majesties, Excellencies, Presidents, Prime Ministers and leaders of respective governments around the world, to please hear the cry of the poor and also do something that is good for the people of Syria and also rest of the world that is beneficial and also worth remembering in the minds and hearts of the people of Syria. In words of the great Chinese scholar, Confucius, he said to the people that, "Benevolence is the characteristic element of humanity," meaning that if we act benevolent to each other and also setting our differences aside, we can save lives of others who are in harm.

With sincere and urgent regards,

Norberto José Gabriel (Gabby) H. Duga