To The Woman In The Mirror

To The Woman In The Mirror

Look a little deeper.

39
To The Woman In The Mirror

Look a little deeper.

Congratulations! You are well on your way to becoming who you want to be. Who you can become, and one day you will get there. You have come so far already and overcome so many challenges that no one thought you would be able to. But you have a tendency to defeat yourself. You beat yourself up and allow other’s words to cloud your own thoughts. You must stop doing that to yourself. Throw away the negative words of others that do not believe in your abilities. Release from your life the people that do not support your dreams, for they will never be of benefit to you. Discard their comments about your how you aren’t good enough. Or you should stop trying because your dream is unattainable. Anything can be achieved if you work hard enough and believe in yourself. Don’t listen to them when they tell you that your body will never be good enough or that your clothes will never be from the right stores. Take a deep breath. Now, release all that negativity from your thoughts. You do not need that. You do not need them.

When you look in the mirror at your reflection, your body, your clothes, your make-up. Look a little deeper. Go beyond the sight of the mirror. See more than the materials that cover your body and look into your heart; as you fix your eyeliner and apply your mascara, peer down into your soul. See your dreams, your hopes, and your motivations. You are worth so much more than what you clothe yourself with, or what your body looks like. It is your dreams and motivations, your character that determines your worth. A wise person once said, “for the secret to having it all is knowing that you already do”. You don’t need the latest styles, or the nicest pair of shoes. You don’t have to be the best at everything and win all the races.

Because all you need to do is the best that you can do. You don’t need to compare yourself to others to be good at something. You can be the best that you can be and that is good enough. You are enough just the way you are. Reflect upon who you used to be, realize how far you have already come. Ask yourself, did it matter what they said? No. It never did make a difference if they believed in you, because you believed in yourself. It did not matter back then, and it does not matter now. You write your future, not them. And you determine how you feel about yourself, not them. Their thoughts about you should make no difference in how you live your life. If anything, use their thoughts to further motivate yourself to achieve what they cannot do themselves. Do not change yourself for other people’s interests. Change for you. Change because you are making yourself who you want to be, not who others think you should be. It is not, after all, their life to live. Your life is your own and only you can determine who you want to be. So when you look at your reflection look beyond the sight of the mirror and ask yourself; who do you want to be? who do you want to become? Then do it! Because you can. And because when it all comes down to it, it will never matter who other people wanted you to be if you cannot look beyond the mirror's view and be happy with the reflection peering back at you.