To The Special Teacher In My Life

To The Special Teacher In My Life

Not everyone finds someone as caring as you.

259
To The Special Teacher In My Life
Fairfield-Suisun Unified School District

To the teacher who has greatly impacted my life,

I have had many teachers who have been a positive influence.

I have also had many teachers who genuinely did not care about their students.

I have had teachers who had no idea what they were doing.

But, I have only had one teacher who has changed my life.

This one is for you.

Everyone needs an adult they can go to in school. One who just gets them. Whether it be for academics or a personal issue, we all need that one logical, unbiased person.

I had a tough time in high school, mentally, socially and academically.

You were the one person who was there to support me in all aspects of my life.

You pushed me academically. You knew when I could do better, you knew when I was bullshitting my assignments. You knew when to tell me you were proud of me, and when to tell me I could push myself a little further.

Mentally, I was all over the place, all the time. Some days I would come in super sad, and others I would be incredibly happy. You always knew when to ask what was wrong, and when to just leave me alone.

I would always come to you for advice. Navigating the social scene in high school is difficult, and I knew that you had been there before. You always gave me great advice, which eventually finished with, “screw them, they suck,” and it always made me laugh.

We developed a relationship outside of school, which I am incredibly happy about. You’re someone who is like a super cool friend, but also kind of like a mom figure to me. I know that even though I don’t see you every day anymore, I can still come to you with anything, even to edit a paper I wrote.

I am so happy to be able to see your son grow, being able to be a part of your family in that way is so special to me.

Just know that although I don’t get to sit with you super early every morning before class starts, I do miss those mornings very much.

You are truly someone special. Someone who loves to help others, but also knows when to put herself and her family first. You have inspired me from the second week I met you (not the first week because I thought you gave us all of that work while you were moving to Massachusetts).

I will forever value your presence in my life…

Love,

Nina