To The Person Suffering In Silence

To The Person Suffering In Silence

Remember you are never alone.

245
Tumblr

First and foremost, I want to say that everyone goes through something difficult in their lives at one point or another. I want you to know that it is OK to be upset and have feelings. Our society teaches us that it's not OK to cry or deal with our emotions for fear of being seen as weak or bothersome to others. I want you to know that if someone really cares about you, then they will listen and help however they can. You are not a burden, and you are never alone. You don't need to hold it in all the time, because at the end of the day, we are all human. I for one have a really hard time opening up to people when I'm feeling down or going through something. But you know what? Keeping it all bottled up doesn't solve anything, so sometimes you need to buck up the courage and talk it out. Whether that person is a friend, family member or someone who makes you feel comfortable, do what is ultimately best for you because you matter. Trust me they want you to be happy, so why not let them try to help you?

I know it can be hard to accept help from others, since more than likely these people "don't understand what you're going through," which is totally fine, and you should not expect them to understand everything. As long as they have a genuine interest in trying to help you, that's all you can really ask for. Sometimes you just need someone there to listen, even if they don't know quite what to say. Remember that these people are the ones with your best interest in mind and to treasure them always.

Life has a tendency to throw curveballs at us, and sometimes you just have to rolls with the punches. I want you to remind yourself of the good times and that what you're going through will get easier with time. Remind yourself that you matter, and sometimes focusing on you is what's needed because you are good enough. Take some time for yourself. Read your favorite book, even though you've already read it a million times over. Write in a journal if that brings you solace. Hit the gym if that makes you feel revitalized. Go spend time with your friends. Plan your days out so you feel accomplished just by completing daily tasks. Really make it a point to fill your life with what makes you happy, rather than surrounding yourself with what makes you sad. It will get better, and although it may not seem like that now, just know that you will get through it.