To The One In A Toxic Relationship, You Deserve So Much Better

To The Person In A Toxic Relationship, Please Know You Deserve So Much Better

Sometimes you can't salvage a relationship, and that's OK.

3395

Now I've had my fair share of toxic relationships, and most of them didn't start off being toxic. If you find yourself in a relationship that's toxic or has turned toxic, please know you can spare yourself heartbreak by acknowledging the red flags immediately instead of ignoring them.

Once you identify the red flags in your relationship, you can address the issue at hand. Acknowledging red flags may help to hopefully resolve issues, rather than rushing to a breakup or leading to deeper issues later.

I like to think of myself as a hopeless romantic.

In my relationships, I tend to stick it out because I love the other person. That being said, no one should put up with emotional, verbal, or physical abuse. While it may be incredibly difficult to break up with the person you love, it can be necessary. You'll be surprised how rewarding it is when you break off a toxic relationship.

If your partner is consistently making you feel less than and ignoring your feelings after you raise your concerns, then they are not the person for you — and it's time to get out of the relationship.

A partner should make you feel like an equal and consistently assure you that your feelings are valid. Partners should never form a pattern of making you feel less than, and this includes neglecting your feelings or even physically harming you.

Ultimately, it is always best to confide in someone you trust — especially when you are struggling and need help.

Breaking the chain of a toxic relationship can be difficult. After all, leaving anyone can be difficult, especially someone you love. Know that there is always someone who can help you navigate through the pain, whether that be a family member, friend, or professional. You deserve happiness. I promise.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.