To The Next President Of Our Odyssey Community

Make sure you plan out your week, every week.

22

To the next person to be the President of Odyssey at SVSU here is what I want you to know that no one told me.

Being the President of this community is like another job if you already have a lot on your plate you are going to burn out quickly and you're going to end up having to give something up for me it was Odyssey that had to go.

If you do have a lot on your plate and you don't want to burn out quickly on being the next President you're going to have to know exactly how to prioritize so that you can get all your stuff done. Try things like writing EVERYTHING in your planner and maybe even color coding different things in your planner. For example I have a color for Odyssey, work, and each class has a different color. If I have a social event that would be in a different color as well.

Even with doing this though I still managed to feel like I was still drowning in things to do.

The best advice that I have for you is that you should make sure that you don't have a lot already on your plate because Odyssey adds a lot of little things onto your plate that you don't even think about. If you have decided to take on this role here is the list of things you need to do and on what day.

On Sunday night you will have a debrief due to hq, On Monday you should post on instagram and send out a message in groupme, On Wednesday night you have to check to see who hasn't submitted and text them, post on instagram, and remind the team in the morning of deadline, On Friday you need to check again and see if anyone still hasn't submitted and post on instagram. On top of this you have to do outreach every week to try to build your team and a call with hq.

I recommend that you sit down every Sunday night after you send out the email to hq and plan out your week including all Odyssey things and know exactly what time you will be doing everything you have to do for the week.

I hope you thrive in this role and that you actually have the time to give Odyssey that it needs and deserves.

Good luck

From the outgoing President.