To The Girl Who's Ready To Smash Her Worries

We wouldn’t be human without a little bit of worry.

22
Holistic Vanity

I don’t know about you, but I think worrying might just be my full-time job.

Remember when we were children and the biggest worry that we had was what we were going to spend our allowance on at the store, or how we were going to tell our parents we made a bad grade? Now that’s a healthy worry that I would just about do anything to go back to.

Now don’t get me wrong, we wouldn’t be human without a little bit of worry.

Fear and Anxiety are as normal as breathing, showering, and eating. Without some form of worry, anxiety, and fear in our life we wouldn’t be able to function.

With that being said, it brings me to the point of being able to identify what is healthy to worry about and what is unhealthy. When I think of myself, a “worrier” comes to mind. Even if everything is going peachy keen, I’m still going to find something to worry about. I can take the most perfect situation and turn it into something bad because I let my thoughts get the best of me.

In life, we have to take a step back and ask ourselves if our thoughts are rational and if so, what could be the worst possible outcome. Usually, the thought of the worst possible outcome doesn’t ever even happen, but because we are so used to worrying, we convince ourselves that it’s happening.

Smashing our worries is easier said than done, but it can be done. It doesn’t happen overnight but by training our minds to take our thoughts back to positivity rather than negativity is the first step.

In the bible, Matthew 6:27 says “Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?”

This verse makes me take a step back and remind myself that we are human, we aren’t put on this earth to live a perfect life no matter how perfect we try to make it. God wants us to cast all of our burdens and worries on Him. He knows the plan for our lives, and no matter how bad we want to be in control of it, it’s not going to happen the way we see it, so let’s do ourselves a favor and stop worrying about the things we cannot control or change. We have one life to live here on earth, and part of living is branching out and taking chances that in the past we may have missed out on because we let our worrying get the best of us.

So let’s all make it a point that every time we try to worry about something that is out of our hands, we smash it. We remind ourselves that God is in control, we have not a single hour to waste of our life, and the only way to move forward is to stop holding back. John 14:1 says “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me.” Let’s all make it a point to save ourselves from heavy chests, stress, and tears. God doesn’t want our hearts to be troubled, because believe it or not, He’s got our whole life in His hands and because He loves us, everything is going to be just fine.