To The Girl Who Was Left Broken

To The Girl Who Was Left Broken

You are worthy and you are good enough

1402
To The Girl Who Was Left Broken
Alex Boyd

This past week, I had one topic on my mind and I knew everything I wanted to say, but as I sat down to write, something told me this topic was more important. I hope that everyone who reads this finds something they need within it.

Often, we can find ourselves in relationships where our significant other is consistently breaking us down. Whether it be mentally or physically, it can be as simple as them repeatedly telling us that they do not like the way we dress or as extreme as them having the audacity to lay a hand on you. No matter what it is, their comments and actions can build up and leave you feeling "not good enough".

Although the relationship is toxic and tears apart your confidence, the biggest obstacle comes after the break up.

For so long, you've let this one person have so much control over you that you have lost yourself.

You believe your worth comes from what others think about you. You question whether or not someone can love you for who you are. You also question your ability to accept the love you deserve.

After experiencing a bad relationship, it can be easy to push away those that care about you because you don't feel worthy or "good enough" to be loved unconditionally.

Here is what you need to know:

You are more than worthy of being loved unconditionally.

Stay true to yourself and your values.

Don't push away the people that truly care about you because you're afraid of being hurt.

Someday, someone is going to love you for who you are, your job will no longer be to please them or change for them, but you do have the job of letting them love you.

Your worth does not come from what other people think about you. Your worth comes from what you think about yourself and how you treat others.

Don't let your past experience keep you from loving someone else whole heartedly.

Don't rush into anything just because you're feeling impatient.

Trust God's timing, he truly does have a plan for everyone.

My friend once told me, "You are a prize. Any guy that deserves you will do anything to prove he wants to win." Remember this as you move forward, because anything worth having is worth fighting for. You are worth fighting for. Falling in love again may seem risky, but its a risk worth taking because with the right guy, the reward will be greater than the risk.