You Are The Amy Poehler To My Tina Fey

You Are The Amy Poehler To My Tina Fey

10 Reason's Why My Best Friend is The Sister I Never Had

111
You Are The Amy Poehler To My Tina Fey
Montana Schultz

I've been best friend with one person for over 14 years. Arianna and I met in dance class when we were in Kindergarten, we were in the same first grade class, and were instant friends ever since. Although we have only been in the same class/advisory room four times, that hasn't hindered our friendship.

Over that time we have had many, many laughs shared, many tears shed, many secrets told, and many many memories made. I can't imagine my life without her, she's not only my best friend but my confidant, my rock, and my sister.

1. She's the person I can text about anything!

2. One Single emoji can be sent, and we know exactly what's going on.

When this emoji is sent, it's usually accompanied by a picture. Typically a picture of the Chris', Pine, Hemsworth, Evans, and Pratt, but occasionally someone else slips in, and one typically in the fashion of the one below, but also sent are ones just of their faces smiling, because, well come on.

3. We mutually fan girl over Broadway Stars

Including but not limited to these very talented men, Aaron Tveit and Jeremy Jordan. Mostly it's a conversation about their amazing voices and their acting, but we have also been known to just look at their smiles and swoon, I mean who can blame us, just look!

4. I am the Tina Fey to her Amy Poehler

After sharing an article with her, we decided that we are Amy and Tina. We stop each other from looking stupid, along with looking stupid together because why not?

Much like these queens of comedy, we can make a mark on our owns, but it's when we come together where the magic occurs, and chaos ensues. Throughout high school, we were often found near each other, if not together, and on multiple occasions we have been called each other's names and once were confused to be sisters, which then confused us greatly.

5. Like Tina and Amy, we have our own language

It's not usual after over 10 years of friendship, we have come up with a way of speaking where it doesn't even have to have words, we have formed methods of communication through specific hand gestures, looks, and random sounds. Also, we both have become self-proclaimed expert lip readers, thanks to many conversations had across the choir room.

6. Most of our texts have ended up with lyrics.

These pictures are from an actual conversation my best friend and I had recently. Yes, we often freak out about Phantom of the Opera.

7. If anyone else looked at the pictures we have sent each other, they'd think we're crazy.

There's a bit of everything: terrible pictures of us from high school, bad selfies, tons of text message screenshots, gifs of the wedding vows from Parks and Recreation, flashbacks of music that appear on spotify, posters and stills of movies neither of us will ever understand no matter how many times we watch it, many, many pictures of (shirtless) male celebrities/ broadway stars, pictures of embarrassing moments, reasons why Neil Patrick Harris is amazing.

8.Pride and Prejudice and Jane Austen

With our appreciation of Jane Austen novels, and movie spin-off, Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in BBC's Pride and Prejudice is something that we often swoon over, along with having our heartbreak while watching Becoming Jane starring Anne Hathaway as Jane Austen and James McAvoy as Tom Lefroy.

9. "I Won't Say I'm In Love" has become an anthem

When we were kids, "I Won't Say I'm in Love" was an anthem, we once had an entire dance choreographed to it, well the Cheetah Girls Cover, and to this day it is a favorite song to sing along with.

10. If I fall she will either help me up or fall with me.

As best friends do if one falls the other is supposed to help the other up, not without a laugh. However, there was this one time in elementary school gym class where we had to run laps, well being the close friends that we are, and were at the time, we accidentally tripped over each other's feet and fell.

Arianna is my best friend for life, or BFFL. I can't imagine what my life would be without her. We can talk about anything, and text and Snapchat pretty much every day. We know each other scarily well by now, and have so many inside jokes now it's ridiculous that anyone knows what we're saying.

I love you Ar! <3