To My Senior Year Of Undergrad, Love A Dreamer

I need to succeed for my boyfriend. I need to succeed for my future family. I need to succeed to break the cycle in my broken family. I need to succeed for me.

67

Dear Senior year,

My, I have never thought this year would come. Three years ago, I was just starting at UWT: eager for the experiences, yet terrified for the real world to hit me. The past years have been some of the most hardest, yet happiest years of my life. Walking down nostalgia road is always something I love to do, however it's senior year: I need to start truly and honestly focusing on my future.

This year, please be patient with me. I am scheduled to take 20 credit classes, two capstone credits, finishing my internship, being Editor-in-Chief of two amazing organizations, as well as starting two new clubs and studying for the LSAT's for November. I know a lot is going to be on my plate, however, I'm going to need you to patiently be there for me. It'll be the whole works: blood, sweat, and tears, but without this, I can't go to the place that I'm dreaming of.

My dreams are going to outweigh the emotional, physical, and mental stress I'll be having this senior year.

My dream is loud enough to shake my mental breakdowns into reality, and to push myself to limits I didn't even know existed. The algorithm goes like such: work hard, get into law school, become a damn good lawyer, and start changing the world to be a better place for everyone. It's not a horribly hard one to understand, however the steps in order to complete this is unbearably tiresome. There WILL be days where I want to give up, but senior year, please remind me what is at stake.

However, please senior year, remind me to take time to smell the roses. In order to be the very best I can be, I need to rest and remind myself of self-love. Go drink, party, spend time with friends. Go shopping, spend too much money, binge watch Friends before it is taken off Netlfix. Go hiking, see nature, travel.

Enjoy life, because a life not lived won't bring you happiness. And what is success without happiness?

Finally, senior year, bring me long-lasting memories. College has given me more opportunities that I can take with me through life, and creating more of these truly will be the epitome of my college career. Bring laughter, many pictures and diverse and various friends.

I am looking forward to seeing you, senior year. Until then, I'll be having the hardest, yet most fun summer of my life.

Love, A dreamer