To My Boyfriend In The Military, I Wouldn't Trade Our Relationship For Anything

I love you.

1892

Dear R,

We do not have the opportunity to see each other every day or talk on the phone often and that's OK because I signed up for that. But I do want you to say a few things before I see you again.

Thank you.

Thank you for letting me into your heart. I know that is not easy for you and you hate talking about feelings. You have been taught for a while to be strong and not show emotion but you still always show me your soft side. Thank you for giving me your love even from a distance. Thank you for making me a priority even on your hectic days. Thank you for showing me your heart and loving me unconditionally, especially when I am being dramatic or worrying myself to death.

I appreciate you.

I want you to know that even though you get on my last nerve, you're not rich or famous, and you are bad at texting, I wouldn't trade our relationship for anything. I would rather be with you, seeing you only once or twice a year, than be with someone else in close proximity who could never compare to you. No matter the amount of time that passes or distance between us, I will always be there for you. I am so proud of the man you are becoming and continue to be. You deserve someone who is constant and someone who will love you through all the uncertainty and chaos.

We certainly are not a normal couple by any means. Unless you go through this, many will never be able to comprehend a relationship like this. We go weeks with not being able to talk on the phone because one of us is consumed with school or work. But still, my heart grows fonder of you by the minute. I do not need you to tell me you love me every day to know it is true. I love us and I am the happiest I have ever been.

I love you.

Saying I love you doesn't justify how I feel, but I wouldn't trade our relationship for the world. Saying I love you does not even come close to the memories we have together that I hold dear to my heart. I love the man I first met two years ago, I love the man you are now, I love the man the military has made you to be and I love your determination. Thank you for letting me into your heart. Be safe, keep your head up, and before you know it, I'll see you again.

Love,

Car

Follow Swoon on Instagram.